Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

[QUOTE"Mogden, post: 13810817, member: 10724"]I've got a Nilfisk one which I need to get out and blast the paving with but I risk being blown over at the moment. It's really really really good fun to use although I recommend old clothes and wellies![/QUOTE]
Could I do the kids with it?

[QUOTE"Mogden, post: 13810817, member: 10724"]I've got a Nilfisk one which I need to get out and blast the paving with but I risk being blown over at the moment. It's really really really good fun to use although I recommend old clothes and wellies!
Could I do the kids with it?[/QUOTE]
You could but I can't guarantee you wouldn't get a visit from social services ;)

On those days when you're mega stressed, headphones on, washer out and make pretty patterns in the mucky paving and then marvel at how clean things are and wonder just how much stuff you can blast clean.

is anyone else using the parkside tools? i've been pretty impressed so far with my multicutter, doesn't have as quick a bit change as the fein i use at work but at 15% of the cost (!!>!?!?!?!1111!?!) and no discernible difference in build quality, power and the addition of speed control i'm really happy. saw an electric plane in there just now and felt more than slightly tempted.

My dad bought the cordless circular saw and spare battery last year, and was impressed at the robustness of it, and the battery life.
I bought the electric chisel years ago (it's basically a straight rip of the Bosch PS 180E
80d4a5cc172d2201ea32c034361c6080.jpg

You can get all sorts of finicking wood-carving bits for the Bosch, as well as straightforward scrapers and chisels, and they all fit the Parkside version using the same tool-holder as the Bosch does. I've only really used mine for scraping tile adhesive off of a wall, but it did a good job. From what I can make out, Parkside/Lidl licence existing designs from the big manufacturers.

My dad bought the cordless circular saw and spare battery last year, and was impressed at the robustness of it, and the battery life.
I bought the electric chisel years ago (it's basically a straight rip of the Bosch PS 180E
80d4a5cc172d2201ea32c034361c6080.jpg

You can get all sorts of finicking wood-carving bits for the Bosch, as well as straightforward scrapers and chisels, and they all fit the Parkside version using the same tool-holder as the Bosch does. I've only really used mine for scraping tile adhesive off of a wall, but it did a good job. From what I can make out, Parkside/Lidl licence existing designs from the big manufacturers.

i have had my suspicions that parkside was basically bosch green.

Half a piripiri chicken half price at £1.39. Not bad shredded into a wrap

But the half price 500g slow cooked brisket of beef with a smokey bourbon sauce is epic at £1.99...the deal has just finished

Shredded in a wrap as above with the trio of fried red onion 'shrooms and peppers and the sauces dribbled over is lush..q

Next time I'm going for the max 6 per customer for the freezer

Lidl has this week an Iberian food special. Some great offers to be had, including a whole leg of serrano ham, for just £40!- if you can find any left, that is... :mad:

5701619_01_f.jpg

They also have packets of Pata Negra (really premium quality variety) for £1.99, if you can't find any jamones left. Other offers include churros, and even ensaimadas :cool:

Half a piripiri chicken half price at £1.39. Not bad shredded into a wrap

But the half price 500g slow cooked brisket of beef with a smokey bourbon sauce is epic at £1.99...the deal has just finished

Shredded in a wrap as above with the trio of fried red onion 'shrooms and peppers and the sauces dribbled over is lush..q

Next time I'm going for the max 6 per customer for the freezer
We get these quite often when they're on a weekend special.Very cheap dinner:)

anyone seen the fruit stick lollies lately? my local was out just now, first time i looked since septemberish...

telbert.....the lidl piri piri chicken is OK ....but there's no way I would pay full price for it .....if you see the slow cooked beef brisket at half price ( £1.99) try it,....doesn't look very pretty coming out of a microwave ,but.......its epic shredded in all sorts of things ....the sauce is lush too .

Tapas tonight...,. £3.49 in the lidl freezers... in a box...I fancied the earthenware pots .......but the sausage balls are well tasty on some weird tomato breadcrumb chilli herb base that's crusty on the top......I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a surplus of these dishes by the end of the month

Castillo de Alcoy 2011 Valencia reserva is seriously good
for under a fiver....
I so way prefer Spanish to French wines

Incidentally those big hams aren't shifting in the valleys

Last edited:
telbert.....the lidl piri piri chicken is OK ....but there's no way I would pay full price for it .....if you see the slow cooked beef brisket at half price ( £1.99) try it,....doesn't look very pretty coming out of a microwave ,but.......its epic shredded in all sorts of things ....the sauce is lush too .

Tapas tonight...,. £3.49 in the lidl freezers... in a box...I fancied the earthenware pots .......but the sausage balls are well tasty on some weird tomato breadcrumb chilli herb base that's crusty on the top......I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a surplus of these dishes by the end of the month

Castillo de Alcoy 2011 Valencia reserva is seriously good
for under a fiver....
I so way prefer Spanish to French wines

Incidentally those big hams aren't shifting in the valleys
Sounds worth it just for the pots!

I have been once more to buy nuts and came out with bag of walnuts, a few cashews, bag of Percol Organic ground coffee, box of 10 Granola bars, box of baby plum tomatoes and an iron for £18 and something pence.

That is a significantly better shop than when I went last October!

Aldi left Caerphilly a decade back ...couldn't make a profit....tesco are closing down their town metro and are going to rely on their express(mega expensive and badly stocked) somewhat out of town ....now aldi are building a custom built shop ( looks unusually large) 1 min up the road on the same retail estate...

Should be interesting .....going to hit tescos hard methinks

I've read those hams are a bit meh, either read it on here or elsewhere.
It's a variable product. Easter last year, very good. Christmas last year, a bit too dry. I haven't heard one way or the other about the current batch. It depends on the weather, and so many other variables.

Back
Top Bottom