Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

New fav wine £4.19 per bottle (lidl)

Bottle just got glugged ....Frankly outstanding ,methinks ,for my plebian tastes..make sure its to 2009 not the 2014 , (which is also pretty good too ).

The clue is on the label. If it's a Reserva, it's at least three years old (of which at least one year is ageing in cask). A Gran Reserva is a minimum of 5 years old (a minimum of two years ageing in cask, and three years in bottle).
Anything from 2014 claiming to be a Reserva would be a fake.:)

The white labelled (2014) lebrel is just a rioja.....its also around £4.19 a bottle and at the mo. lidl have both , .........just trying to be helpful is all . Not suggesting anyone's a fuckwit or what !

I fucking knew as soon as Aldi started selling Guinness that the Murphys would get dropped :mad:

They were selling Murphys?? :mad::( I missed out on that completely.

We got an Easter baking mould from Lidl this week. It's made cool little cakes in the shape of ladybirds, flowers and butterflies :)

Also - don't know if it's been mentioned already but the Lidl walnuts are relatively cheap (£2 for a big bag) and really good quality.

They were selling Murphys?? :mad::( I missed out on that completely.

We got an Easter baking mould from Lidl this week. It's made cool little cakes in the shape of ladybirds, flowers and butterflies :)

Also - don't know if it's been mentioned already but the Lidl walnuts are relatively cheap (£2 for a big bag) and really good quality.

I've got those - well I have both, the shelled ones and the ones in the shell. In fact, they do a really good range of nuts in Lidl which as a lover of nuts I appreciate.

I spent the ENTIRE DAY yesterday sorting out my kitchen so that I no longer risk injury from avalanches of cooking equipment when opening doors. 3 bin bags worth of crap I threw out (millions of those little glass ramekins) and paired up over 30 Tupperware boxes with their lids! (I never knew I had so much!). It is still ridiculously cluttered (you know when you can't actually find something so you just buy it again - I have about a year's supply of cous cous and self-raising flour). Nevertheless I feel it is essential that I have the Easter baking mould!

I just finished the bag of wasabi peanuts I bought ages ago and then lost, and I still have two bags of wasabi cashews left. I might have to get some of these chilli almonds too though. For variety, like :hmm:

is anyone else using the parkside tools? i've been pretty impressed so far with my multicutter, doesn't have as quick a bit change as the fein i use at work but at 15% of the cost (!!>!?!?!?!1111!?!) and no discernible difference in build quality, power and the addition of speed control i'm really happy. saw an electric plane in there just now and felt more than slightly tempted.

is anyone else using the parkside tools? i've been pretty impressed so far with my multicutter, doesn't have as quick a bit change as the fein i use at work but at 15% of the cost (!!>!?!?!?!1111!?!) and no discernible difference in build quality, power and the addition of speed control i'm really happy. saw an electric plane in there just now and felt more than slightly tempted.
chop chop :p

I find them ok for the odd bit of diy. But I've killed a couple over the years when they've been getting heavy use

I've spent over 300 quid on Lidl and Aldi tools in the last year. I don't know exactly when I'm going to need an angle grinder but best to be safe eh. :oops:

I've spent over 300 quid on Lidl and Aldi tools in the last year. I don't know exactly when I'm going to need an angle grinder but best to be safe eh. :oops:

we lead very different lives :hmm::D

tbf that's pretty much the case with the multicutter, but that's kind of the point with that tool.

we lead very different lives :hmm::D

tbf that's pretty much the case with the multicutter, but that's kind of the point with that tool.
I know the last time I needed an angle grinder was about 2 weeks before I bought it when I spent 4 hours cutting floor tiles with a rod saw. :mad: Maybe not that different.

Park side sabre saw and £89 150 power washer are top buys ....power washer is the same price as what I paid for 3 years ago... ,150 bar karcher equiv. is north of £400

I've also got a corner sander

Park side sabre saw and £89 150 power washer are top buys ....power washer is the same price as what I paid for 3 years ago... ,150 bar karcher equiv. is north of £400

I've also got a corner sander

... ooh is the power washer in now - Aldi or Lidl? I've been wanting one and keeping my eyes open for one - especially Karcher and not seen one. I think they have different stuff in different stores at different time so i'm wondering are you in a different area to me?

Back
Top Bottom