Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Imvho feeding cats is like feeding a small child. . .

Couldn't agree more :thumbs:

Like I would with any child under my care - I'd simply plonk the food down in a bowl and then go to work. Ten short hours later I'm sure they would have figured out that if they don't eat it they'll go hungry.

It's the weekends where my steely resolve is tested (and broken I hasten to add)

Whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge

WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!!

OK! You win :facepalm:

Adding depth to risottos, drizzling over a pizza at the last minute, bruschettas, that sort of thing. It just gives a bit more of a dark earthy flavour to whatever you were cooking.

Cheers.

Anyway, been into LidL - couldn't find any. :D

Obtained today one box of 12 x 1ltr Coconut Water - £1.99 / carton Aldi

SAME PRODUCT at Tesco's £3.49

Also I picked up a Shiatsu massage seat - I've had my eye on a similar one available in a gadget type shop where it costs about £60 and at Aldi £40

I'm really pissed off about the coconut water, there's not an Aldi near me for miles and I get through quite a bit of it when I'm training. :mad:

I'm really pissed off about the coconut water, there's not an Aldi near me for miles and I get through quite a bit of it when I'm training. :mad:
Could go Google but I'm lazy [emoji6]

Coconut water what it for drinking & cooking with. Training - Is it a detox?

Last edited:
Could go Google bit I'm lazy [emoji6]

Coconut water what it for drinking & cooking with. Training - Is it a detox?

It has electrolytes and minerals and shit, plus the sugar is good for energy during exercise and replacing glycogen after.

Thanks [emoji2] maybe good for me on bike ride electrolytes. Don't know about the shit been told I'm full of that.

Lewes or East Grinstead if you're over that way? That is miles away I know.

Coconut water is great for getting rid of my dehydration migraines or stopping them before they get proper rotten.

Lewes or East Grinstead if you're over that way? That is miles away I know.

Coconut water is great for getting rid of my dehydration migraines or stopping them before they get proper rotten.

Not sure when I'll be over Lewes way next and it'd probably be quicker going up to London than East Grinstead because public transport! I know a few people who live over Maidstone way though so might ask one of them to get me some.

I can't believe I was tempted by lidl's spec wipes today, down 20p to £1.39, talk about impulse buying :D

img_0075.jpg

Couldn't agree more :thumbs:

Like I would with any child under my care - I'd simply plonk the food down in a bowl and then go to work. Ten short hours later I'm sure they would have figured out that if they don't eat it they'll go hungry.

It's the weekends where my steely resolve is tested (and broken I hasten to add)

Whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge

WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!! WHINGE!!

OK! You win :facepalm:

This is so true, we have had a bit of a hiatus in our normal financial income and ran out of the food that Sonic in particular prefers and had to buy something different whilst waiting for money to clear so we could do an internet order for the usual stuff. He has barely stopped whining for 3 days now. :facepalm: (He is eating, but he is making it very clear that he is unhappy with the situation and that I have failed).

OH MY GOD SOMEONE BROUGHT "LEFTOVER" MINI STOLLEN BITES INTO WORK!!!

I am having to restrain myself from nomming the lot.

Leftover .... how???

:D
I bought a bag of these and put them away for xmas. I was so ill over Christmas that I didn't get round to eating them, or anything else for that matter. I have been on a diet since the new year and the mini stollen are looking at me every time I walk into kitchen!

It's still the best season for oranges generally. And, if you want a matchless taste sensation, then a good blood orange is hard to beat.

They're not the bestest of the bestest but Lidl has nice blood oranges. A bag of little ones at £1.89. :)

The big ones are good too at 7 for 75p

Diced beef £1.42 per 400g....got a couple of packs for a slow cooker beef and beans vindaloo .....

need to pick up some more freezer containers

Its Asian week next week in lidl they are doing those great pots of freeze dried things again so gonna stock up, and they are also doing a shoe rack as well which would be useful and may stop MrONS kicking his trainers off and them hitting the wall and leaving dirty marks.

Back
Top Bottom