Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

My aldi looked like a swarm of locusts had been through. The bloke said because they were closed Thursday they couldn't get the delivery out quick enough

I know! Everything I hold dear has been shattered. Good job there are other chocolate vendors.

sainsburys were selling large bars of galaxy for £1
yesterday I discovered the joys of of galaxy bubble, its spoiled 35p lidl choc for me - it's no longer good enough.

The was a quite a few shelves of gluten free stuff this morning.... Including gluten free Jaffa cakes....interesting

Lidl will have bagpipes, sporrans and kilts in for Burns night :)
You've gotta love lidl...

WHAT!!1

I'm still in two minds about both of these stores - is the store layout an intentional work of some marketing genius or the rantings of some criminally insane marketing department

The combinations I see next to each other - for example bleach right next to baby milk :eek:

I know you're not going to mix them up but who thinks that it's even a good idea

And they'll probably put Steak and Kidney pie mix next to the Burns night stuff and Union Jack tea pots underneath the display

Has anyone seen any Pedometers in either store?

The one I got from Trespass is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I bought a massive smoked gammon joint from Aldi today, roasting it now. That's sandwiches sorted till 2016.

I might go back for a pressure cooker.:hmm:

For those that do ......1kg=£3.50
$_35.JPG

Caerphilly lidl looked like it had been hit by locust's by 3pm today. .....the meat chillers were all empty and the fruit n' veg had been stripped. All 10 tills had queues with stressed staff knowing they couldn't get off to shelf stack.....

The car park is really not big enough now that they have put the extension in...

Last edited:
I tried this after seeing your post, hmmm not sure if it has enough cocoa in it.. the bar is huge though..

Aye, it's not dark chocolate, I'm sure it's intended to be a halfway house and I like it for that as it's not like some bitter 70 or 80% dark stuff but also not all insipid like milk chocolate. The bar being huge I'm not sure is such a good thing :oops:

Back
Top Bottom