Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

I can report aldi tea cakes (for the toasting of) are bloody lovely. Toast nicely, are no where near as crumbly as others so you stand a chance to butter them and their not to overcooked before you toast. Happy breakfast today.

Is that the big buggers about 10cm across? If so, I totally agree!

Saying "pardon" and posting pictures of ear trumpets. I expect you do very funny impressions of people doing sign language that involve you waving your arms about and slapping your hands together too. I can't begin to explain how hilarious I have found this my entire life.

I dont actually but as i'm an empathetic soul i've put every user on this site on ignore for the weekend so I can feel your pain.

Happy? ;)

Morrison's are now advertising that they will price match or beat aldi and lidl...

beef joints at £3.99 per kilo..... tidy

Being someone who eats mainly freshly cooked, unprocessed 'clean' food I can see plenty of reasons to mock Lidl.
Really? You do realise how often I cook from scratch?

Edited to add: This is because of a food allergy, combined with VP's need to avoid red meat, hidden fat, hidden salt, and hidden sugar when reasonable. I also prefer to use free range eggs and free range meat when possible.

Last edited:
Being someone who eats mainly freshly cooked, unprocessed 'clean' food I can see plenty of reasons to mock Lidl.
being someone who cooks mainly fresh, unprocessed 'clean' food - on a budget - I see NO reason to mock Lidl - have you seen the price of veg, (incl organic veg) olive oil, rice, meat etc in there? I usually shop in Brixton Market otherwise and it compares well / sometimes cheaper.

I think you're confusing processed food with shit,junk food.Lots of decent quality food gets processed one way or another before you eat it.All the best bacon,hams,sausages, butter,cheeses,jams,preserves,pickles,sauces,soups etc are gonna go through a processing stage and most of which you dont eat?Your missing out out on a huge fucking scale.Get yourself down to Lidl's or Aldi's and get some decent grub.Probably do you the world of good.

Do they even sell ready meals in Aldi/Lidl? My main reason for going there is fruit and veg is 30-40% cheaper than other supermarkets. I do oven cooked fish and chips (normally with a properly cooked veg or a salad as well) once a week or so but that's the nearest we get to pre-prepared food in our house.

I bought a tin of the postato rosti stuff for the first time today aftr all the recommendations on here. Is it really as simple as just pour a big lump in the frying pan and flip it halfway? Add some chopped parsley maybe?

Can't only be Lidl, then; you must mock all supermarkets equally.
Which must be a bit difficult to maintain seeing as you must go into some of them for some things; unless you make your own washing powder and toilet rolls.

There are fresh fruit and veg and meat and fish in all of the supermarkets, same as there are heavily processed food products full of ghastly muck in all of the supermarkets.

Back
Top Bottom