Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

The best chocolate in lidl is 'rich chocolate'

One of the offers in this week's 'Half Price Weekend' (17th&18th Jan), Reduced from 99p to 49p :D

images

Just had a rather disturbing call from friendofdorothy who is in the Scottish aisle in Brixton trying to decide how necessary it is to purchase children's bagpipes.
I resisted the sporran and the gillie shirt too. Couldn't resist the men's 8 yard Hamilton grey kilt though, ok @bucador might not need one now - but when will we ever see a affordable kilt again? too good to miss. She's trying it on now - looks bonnie!
I was asking the shop assistant would there be any haggis - then I had to explain what haggis was and she looked very puzzled, maybe actually alarmed. While another assistant was trying to get me to buy the 'little bag' too, I had to explain the sporran is only for men, then he looked puzzled.

The one and only time I and my OH walked past a Lidl he drifted into the store, was missing for half an hour, and then drifted back out again, looking as if he had been to some sort of budget-Wonderland with a massive smile on his face, and clutching a carrier bag full of cheap (and actually not at all bad) chocolate :D

The one and only time I and my OH walked past a Lidl he drifted into the store, was missing for half an hour, and then drifted back out again, looking as if he had been to some sort of budget-Wonderland with a massive smile on his face <snip>
This is the thing: Not everyone is going to like everything in Lidl or Aldi, but IME you can save enough buying cheap but good bits in there to be able to afford a luxury or two.

Oh no, no one else will like them. I'll make sure they don't get mixed up and I'll eat them all. It'll be a personal sacrifice of course but it's the last I can do.....

They're bloody gorgeous :D like most things not as stupidly sweet as other brands with a lovely caramel middle. Me and bees ate far too many yesterday :oops:

Greebo and I have noticed that whenever Lidl do something with caramel in, it invariably tastes better than equivalent "name brand" products. We finally worked out, after a fair bit of puzzling, that their caramel is slightly more bitter and smoky than most other brands, more like "home-made".

I just went to check out the Scottish event in Brixton. It's been totally plundered already - nothing left but a couple of very small kilts. Couldn't find any stroopwaffles; was hoping for some decent German alcohol free beer but there wasn't any of that either.

Bob is spoilt.

Absolutely spoilt rotten

But at the age he is, we don't care and it's not like he had the whole pot of caviar - he had barely a "finger nail" sized dab and he managed to make a bit of a song and dance trying to eat that - honestly, if he was out in the wild having to survive by his wits he'd starve unless some poor unfortunate small furry creature would happen to dive into his mouth

Absolutely spoilt rotten

But at the age he is, we don't care and it's not like he had the whole pot of caviar - he had barely a "finger nail" sized dab and he managed to make a bit of a song and dance trying to eat that - honestly, if he was out in the wild having to survive by his wits he'd starve unless some poor unfortunate small furry creature would happen to dive into his mouth
Mine are only 9 but equally useless at hunting. Two mice a year, on average. This morning there was much rejoicing at the return of the Gourmet Perle after a month of Lidl's Premium trays. :mad::D

And before anyone says I'm feeding them crap, they refuse to eat high-quality wet food like Bozita, and they do get a premium dry food from Zooplus. :)

And before anyone says I'm feeding them crap, they refuse to eat high-quality wet food like Bozita, and they do get a premium dry food from Zooplus. :)
Imvho feeding cats is like feeding a small child. As a parent you have all these ideas of them eating organic perfect food and never sugar or whatever. But after a very short amount of time you realise them eating kind of an OK diet is perfectly acceptable and you sort of give up for your own sanity as they only eat fish fingers for a month :D

You might want to only feed premium food to a cat but the cat may only want whiskers :D there comes a time you just have to go with the flow :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom