Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

That's it - finally they're all gone - the very very last of the mini stollen bites were had as part of a fully balanced breakfast this morning - I'm guessing that I've got to wait 'til next Christmas time <sigh>

Has anyone ever bought hand/wool washing liquid (or whatev) in Lidl before? I need some, but have never noticed it in there. Am a convert to their laundry powder however, so will give it a go if they stock such a thing :thumbs:

Has anyone ever bought hand/wool washing liquid (or whatev) in Lidl before? I need some, but have never noticed it in there. <snip>
I don't think I've ever seen any in Lidl. OTOH their large bottles of shampoo are cheap enough to use for handwashing in an emergency. If it's not going to damage hair or the scalp, it's probably safe enough on wool and silk.

I went into Lidl yesterday for only the second time in five years. Very impressed with it, and in particular with the wine selection and grading system. The £5.99 Chianti I picked was as good as any a £8.99+ bottle I've bought from all the other supermarkets. Amazing value for money.

Fuck knows how yummy their £25 bottles must be! :)

I don't think I've ever seen any in Lidl. OTOH their large bottles of shampoo are cheap enough to use for handwashing in an emergency. If it's not going to damage hair or the scalp, it's probably safe enough on wool and silk.

as someone who has spent inordinate amounts of time looking through knitting/fibercraft boards, I noted th\t the wash of choice for things like delicate handspin/knit lace shawls (the sort of thing that takes months to make) was always baby shampoos

Lidl has those thermal leggings and tights in again - £2.99 each or 2 for a fiver. It's like leaving your legs in bed while the rest of you goes out in the cold :thumbs: Without the obvious mobility issues :hmm: Crap analogy falls down. They're good :thumbs:
How are they for the longer of leg? Ie if I buy them in large to accommodate my pins, will they be baggy round the waist and need constant hoisting? :mad:

as someone who has spent inordinate amounts of time looking through knitting/fibercraft boards, I noted th\t the wash of choice for things like delicate handspin/knit lace shawls (the sort of thing that takes months to make) was always baby shampoos
It is. OTOH if you haven't got baby shampoo and the delicate item is just your socks, a silk top, or a jumper worn as a base layer...

It is. OTOH if you haven't got baby shampoo and the delicate item is just your socks, a silk top, or a jumper worn as a base layer...

your normal shampoos should be fine. the main thing is avioding soaking in bio washing powders/liquids. avioding excess agitation or rubbing. if dyes leak out of wools/silks, then hot very still water and vinegar can help that by setting the dyes. and hair conditioners will soften fibers, there's a lot of people who choose a lavender scented one for the reported insect repellant properties. best (cheap) way to keep bugs out is to store wools in a knotted pillowcase. keeps what is in wools in one place and keeps anyhting else out.

Our local Lidl is closed until February 6th for refurbishment, we are bereft!
Eight mile to nearest Lidl and Aldi, how can we cope.:(:)

How are they for the longer of leg? Ie if I buy them in large to accommodate my pins, will they be baggy round the waist and need constant hoisting? :mad:

Hmm. I would say yes. I've only had the leggings until now, am a size 8 and 5'8" and the 10/12 ones have fit perfectly. I'd go for a size bigger than you are but no more. But go now! Because they get ransacked.

Greebo toggle i like the idea of lavender scented baby shampoo :) but this is to put in the washing machine on a cold wool cycle. Will it work? Or too much foam?

Last edited:
Hmm. I would say yes. I've only had the leggings until now, am a size 8 and 5'8" and the 10/12 ones have fit perfectly. I'd go for a size bigger than you are but no more. But go now! Because they get ransacked.
Message received and understood.

<snip> i like the idea of lavender scented baby shampoo :) but this is to put in the washing machine on a cold wool cycle. Will it work? Or too much foam?
If you use a small amount - the same amount as you'd use to wash one head - it shouldn't make too much foam.

Already gone - there were a few sans packaging but no way of knowing what size they were. :(

Just tried the wasabi coated peanuts .......holymoley.....my nostril hairs have combusted.....

However the paprika coated ones are lush

Predictably there was nothing left yesterday afternoon :( Sorry. If it's any consolation I wore the thermal tights out last night and they only work after you're drunk.
I think they should put that on the packaging. I'd buy them :thumbs:

I bought a couple of cans of coconut water yesterday in Lidl. I bought them because people on here have said how nice it is. I don't know if the ones I bought were off but it tasted nothing like coconut. In fact after one mouthful I poured the rest on the can down the sink. It was vile :mad:
Is it always vile? and why do folk like it? :confused:

The brand was Vitasia.

I bought a couple of cans of coconut water yesterday in Lidl. I bought them because people on here have said how nice it is. I don't know if the ones I bought were off but it tasted nothing like coconut. In fact after one mouthful I poured the rest on the can down the sink. It was vile :mad:
Is it always vile? and why do folk like it? :confused:

The brand was Vitasia.
I don't like it either.

Reactions: Chz
Back
Top Bottom