Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Yes!!!! Sorry about that. *calms down a bit*

The chilled luxury range in Lidl on Friday included a thin crust pizza with two types of salami (one might have been pepperoni?) on top and it's onion free. :D

That's probably underwhelming to you, but I appreciate being able to find one which isn't cheese & pineapple, cheese & ham, or margarita.

aqua You're making me nervous about the wooden toys now :hmm: I don't live in a very wooden toy area, but does that mean they'll order fewer of them :eek: All my various children's Christmas shopping is riding on this... but I have to take my daughter to school on Monday morning. Don't I :hmm:

I think the hazelnut ones are nice myself. I was a bit surprised to find this as I do really really like almonds.

I think the hazelnut ones are more Christmassy somehow too. Maybe the dark chocolate on the almonds is not as comforting? More research clearly needed.

I did a Lidl run yesterday - came back with lots of Xmas confectionary, which will make up some presents, stollen bites, and a couple of frozen partridges. I decided to allow myself one interesting meat that I haven't tried. Toss up between them, quail, kangaroo and bison.

Anyone tried some of these more exotic beasts and birds?

polly I'm in a bit of a blind panic about Xmas tbh and just want all my shopping done. I'm sure you'll be fine! I have about 30 mins first thing where I can get there on Monday and that's it so either I make it or I don't tbh. Whatever will be will be I guess :)

And if they've sold out I shall buy more Xmas food :hmm:

polly I'm in a bit of a blind panic about Xmas tbh and just want all my shopping done. I'm sure you'll be fine! I have about 30 mins first thing where I can get there on Monday and that's it so either I make it or I don't tbh. Whatever will be will be I guess :)

And if they've sold out I shall buy more Xmas food :hmm:

Yes, that's definitely the attitude to take. I can't force myself to be like that about any element of Christmas but I'm glad you're feeling sanguine :)

Yes, that's definitely the attitude to take. I can't force myself to be like that about any element of Christmas but I'm glad you're feeling sanguine :)
Yes but you won't be 8 months pregnant at Xmas with a history of preeclampsia etc :D

I figure this baby will come early unless I'm ready for Xmas :cool: of I'm not it's just jinxing myself :D

I have done no Christmas shopping whatsoever - I'm beginning to feel the stirrings of panic. Although actually I'd really just like Christmas to get stuffed - I don't want to buy more crap to add to all the crap we already have.

I hope they do have some of the wooden toys left as its a wooden road set for Diddy or I am going to buy him one of those vetch ones that lights up and makes loads of noise, I would rather the wood one because its fits stuff he already has. Due to the lack of funds this year I don't give a monkeys ball sack, people are getting a £10 each instead of the usual £40 or £50 that I normally spend at christmas if they don't like it they can kiss my bum. Now when I go back in to lidl in a bit they better still have some prawn crackers as I accidentally ate all the ones I bought yesterday. :oops:

polly let me know if they've run out and I can have a look in our lidl on Monday afternoon :)

Ah bless you lovely! I'm sure they will, I just have nothing important to get angsty about. But thank you :)

I can post stuff to anyone whose Lidl isn't stocking their Christmas necessities too :)

1 x chocolate covered sour Cherries
1 x chocolate covered Strawberries (hopefully NOT sour)
1 x chocolate covered Raspberries (ditto as above)
1 x Honey Roasted Pecan nuts
1 x Fruit and Nut chocolate bar
1 x Creme Brûlée things

Boring Stuff

I did look at the cooked Lobster (£5.99)
Goose Crown
Various prepared game birds

And was sorely tempted by the induction cooking hob thing (£29.99) - any one got one of these by the way?

Last week I bought a bag of columbian coffee beans, from Aldi,not in their usual range in with all the special offers. Really wish I'd bought 3 bags as Fucking spectacular coffee and I am now ruined for lavazza! :(
gentlegreen there might be some left! Highly recommended!

Was anyone sad enough to buy the 3 cake tins this week? :oops:

I did, thought they'd be handy for storing christmas tree decorations :D

Last week I bought a bag of columbian coffee beans, from Aldi,not in their usual range in with all the special offers. Really wish I'd bought 3 bags as Fucking spectacular coffee and I am now ruined for lavazza! :(
gentlegreen there might be some left! Highly recommended!
Thanks, I'll have a look :) - but I bet it's dark roast ?

Oh well, never mind - no coffee left ...
An Xmas pudding somehow found its way into my basket ...

Has anyone mentioned Aldi's sprouts on the stick ?
I'm eating sprouts 5 days a week at the moment. :D

Oh well, never mind - no coffee left ...
An Xmas pudding somehow found its way into my basket ...

Has anyone mentioned Aldi's sprouts on the stick ?
I'm eating sprouts 5 days a week at the moment. :D

But. You can't be - there hasn't been any significant frosts to make the sprouts do whatever it is that sprouts do after there's been a sharp frost

I know that they've starting doing sprouts all year round rather than just in the autumn / winter and I know that the summer sprouts aren't up to anything much - the ones that you've getting at the moment must be either tail end of summer sprouts or first of the "proper" sprouts - I'll leave it a few weeks before I get sprouts I think

They're a bit lacking in sproutiness I must say - it doesn't help I do them in the microwave - I reckon they need beating up a bit to bring it out.

I live in one of the biggest sprout producing areas of the uk. Not ready yet!
Love the Greek aldi yoghurt. Haven't managed to get to aldi for weeks as they've been extending the store and the car park is hopelessly far too small with all the machinery. It's open now so I might treat us to a visit tomorrow :D

Those Crème Brûlée Pralines are a bit more'ish - luckily I've managed to restrict myself to only one row - which is 4 out of, most likely 16 in the box

They also do a white chocolate bar with strawberries bits in and that's better than Nestlé Milky Bar but a country mile and loads cheaper

Back
Top Bottom