Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

I usually make sure I'm wearing something with a pouch pocket or delicately wedge my cards between my teeth whilst in the queue. It amazes me too how many people start the bag rummage after hearing their final total.

THANK YOU - that's exactly what I do

THANK YOU - that's exactly what I do
I know cashiers don't want slobber covered cards but they do appreciate speedy payment. I also use the Ikea bag for shopping and just lob everything back in the trolley in Aldi and then pack on the bench. I'm also a bus/taxi user so always load the front of my shopping with the heavy stuff and cucumbers to put in my rucksack and then the rest in an Ikea bag or carriers if I've not brought bags.

I know cashiers don't want slobber covered cards but they do appreciate speedy payment. I also use the Ikea bag for shopping and just lob everything back in the trolley in Aldi and then pack on the bench. I'm also a bus/taxi user so always load the front of my shopping with the heavy stuff and cucumbers to put in my rucksack and then the rest in an Ikea bag or carriers if I've not brought bags.
Regardless of whatever you do or do not do in your life you get points for using a rucksack - many a time I've seen poor souls struggling back from the supermarket with obviously heavy carriers liable to split. Rucksack, makes a lot of sense :thumbs:

Erm... *shuffles feet* I have the bag packing at speed sorted but I don't have my card/cash out ready.....

Saturday's Lidl shop was really fucking stressful. Trying to get all your shopping, queue and pay when it's really busy in under an hour is really not fun. Stupid bloody parking rules. I wouldn't have been able to do it alone as there was a ten-minute wait in the carpark. :mad:

So I thought I'd ask here if anyone has tried Kangaroo and/or Ostrich steaks?? Despite having a daughter who has been to Oz I am having to ask you folks coz I very much doubt she tried either :D
If you have tried it can you please try to liken it to something I may have eaten. I'm not a fan of venison if that helps :)

The trouble with the bill paying bit is ( and before i admit to slackness in this area, I'd like it known that I'm shit hot at packing ) , I haven't always got a pocket/pouch or similarly marsupial garment on when i impulse pop in for a fresh tiger loaf and a bag of mixed nuts, this invariably leads to a few more opportune purchases from the fresh fruit section, shame not to pick up a bottle of vino and oh yes, let's see if they've still got the coir doormats on offer. So before long i have a small haul, what with it being the run up to the christmas season i may chuck in a bag of gold coins, a pannetone and a packet of cocoa dusted truffles to 'put by'.

I then find myself at the checkout with no pockets, a small shoulder bag and a determination to lob the whole lot in the purchased carrier bags as it hurtles towards me at break neck speed. i am concentrating on the task at hand and yet haven't lost sight of the fact i need to pay for it sooner rather than later. Here in lies the problem - the end of the checkout where they are launching my shopping is the size of a child's flannel, no doubt to prevent me from letting my shopping linger on it, and to reinforce the pick it up and lob it in the bag train of thought. So I have nowhere to place my debit card - it wouldn't stay long on the checkout with fresh fruit slamming into it at a rate of knots, I'm not going to put it in my mouth and hand over a spittle embalmed card to the already over worked and probably underpaid cashier and I'm not leaving my purse in full view on the checkout as i compete in the 'bagging it' gold cup. I've seen more than one purse being purloined by a ne'er do well in this manner and no oik is getting their 'ands on mine.

So I finish packing, inwardly congratulate myself for not having a melt down and open my small shoulder bag (albeit swiftly, I don't dally at this stage in the game ) , take out purse and hand over debit card. if i have pissed off anyone in the process I'd like to point out I really , and I do mean really, couldn't give a flying F***.

Regardless of whatever you do or do not do in your life you get points for using a rucksack - many a time I've seen poor souls struggling back from the supermarket with obviously heavy carriers liable to split. Rucksack, makes a lot of sense :thumbs:
I caught myself eyeing someones trolly bag the other day :eek: :oops:

So I thought I'd ask here if anyone has tried Kangaroo and/or Ostrich steaks?? Despite having a daughter who has been to Oz I am having to ask you folks coz I very much doubt she tried either :D
If you have tried it can you please try to liken it to something I may have eaten. I'm not a fan of venison if that helps :)
Ostrich is fairly forgiving, roo really does have to be pretty rare or it's just awful. Neither is quite as strong as venison, but a lot tastier than your average battery chicken.

. . .So I finish packing, inwardly congratulate myself for not having a melt down and open my small shoulder bag (albeit swiftly, I don't dally at this stage in the game ) , take out purse and hand over debit card. if i have pissed off anyone in the process I'd like to point out I really , and I do mean really, couldn't give a flying F***.

Fine. I'll give you that - you at least accept the concept that you might be expect to pay for your purchases and get your card out as quickly as you can - that's fine - I have no problem with that

It's the totally glazed over, the light is on but no-one's home, BLANK stare that some people give when given the total

That'll be Forty three pounds fifty pence please sir/madam

<tumbleweed>

"Hello"

Knock, Knock (Back to the Future 1, in case you're wondering)

THEN they start looking for means of payment
That's the BmP moment, right there

I found yesterday that their nut cutlets aren't bad.
About £1.50 for 4.

My local Tesco no longer stocks them - they do very nice spicy ones too and both of these would still have the edge over Aldi's by quite a way if I could still get them.
(My local Tesco had wheat-free fish fingers in with the veggie food yesterday FFS :facepalm: )

These bastard things. I'm going to be the size of a fucking house this xmas :mad:

7400184_01_f.jpg

These bastard things. I'm going to be the size of a fucking house this xmas :mad:

7400184_01_f.jpg

I can't decide if I'm excited to try them or sickened. They look a bit weird but I like all the things involved.

I'm going to lidl tomorrow. :D

Back
Top Bottom