Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Can't remember the last time I cained a £3.49 bottle of plonk .....but this was a goer ...

Table wine that left me with a nice buzz.

Defo a repeat purchase (aldi)

Boondoggle
Fortyniner
SN 1689
Wytchcraft
all £1.25 a bottle in Lidl

They've also been selling Whitstable Pale Ale for 1.19, and very nice it is too.

I was tempted to buy a box of Wychcraft and stick it in the attic for Christmas, but had the who-am-I-kidding realisation :D

Just bought some of their garlic and herb mayo at lidl and its actually really nice, no bad tang after taste its in the Christmas bit, I was very tempted by some mushroom pate too. Bought two really nice outdoor bred pork chops for tea which look really good. Gutted though because others have cottoned on to their soya milk and its all gone and it was really nice too. Oh and of course bought my usual white wine and salt and vinegar crips.

Last edited:
Looked in lidl yesterday for the cheap vodka...they didn't have any but i did buy a box of mini coconut macaroons,a large bag of mixed nuts that were very nice (piled up at the checkout demanding to be bought)...2 pairs of thermal footless tights and a pumpkin.

Looked in lidl yesterday for the cheap vodka...they didn't have any but i did buy a box of mini coconut macaroons,a large bag of mixed nuts that were very nice (piled up at the checkout demanding to be bought)...2 pairs of thermal footless tights and a pumpkin.
The vodka offer finished on Thursday. You have to get in there quick.;)

I was looking at the biscuits in Aldi and they sell 'disco biscuits!' :D :thumbs:
I had to buy some but I've now discovered some greedy children have scoffed them all. :(

Haven't disco biscuits been renamed to groovy biscuits? Certainly in our local shop.

Great news - I'd been looking for one for a while though they were all £75 plus so really pleased you like.
Good piece of of kit, the auto stop is a good feature,as is the useful length of cable, it's cut a lot. of wood over the last few months and the chain still doesn't need sharpening

Nice Colombian coffee beans in Aldi today. £3.50 for 454 grams (ie. 1 lb) and much nicer than most supermarket coffee beans. In paper bags near the veg section.

In Lidl, adult size thermals at £5 an item. And snowboarding gloves (with thinsulate).

Back
Top Bottom