Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

No such thing as a small glass of wine though :D and I'm not not eating anything except pate, fuck that, if two countries can't decide on the same rules I'm ignoring them. I just don't have any :D

I sense a trip tomorrow

Hot dog sausages
Pork Steaks
Some prepared veg
Tea bags
Cider (Westons)
Double Cream
Choc Pudding
Emergency cans of soup (wtshtf supplies)
Chicken noodles
Balsamic Glaze
Shampoo
Paracetamol and Ibuprofen tablets
and a few other bits 'n' bobs

Came to just under £18 - similar would have been quite a lot more in the local Tescopoly

We shall see - so far my "off piste" Aldi purchases have been mixed - but tonights tea will be an Aldi thing

The one thing that always disappoints me about Lidl is that they have all this lovely German stuff, but no Curry Ketchup. I like curry ketchup!

Just got back from lidl:
2ltr woodgate cider
bottle of western cape s/a shiraz/cab sav
2lb sugar
fresh parsley
1 kg carrots
1 swede
1 pack chestnut mushrooms
1 500 g pack beef suet
1 pack pork frikadellen
2 part baked baguettes

bout 14 quid.:)

The one thing that always disappoints me about Lidl is that they have all this lovely German stuff, but no Curry Ketchup. I like curry ketchup!

I buy mine online from The German Deli although I generally wait until I'm buying more than one item to place an order, because of the postage charge. They do the Hela range of curry ketchups, including the currywurst ketchup.

I buy mine online from The German Deli although I generally wait until I'm buying more than one item to place an order, because of the postage charge. They do the Hela range of curry ketchups, including the currywurst ketchup.
I do work near one of their shops, it would just be easier on me if the local Lidl had some. Perhaps in smaller bottles, since German Deli only carries the OMGHUGE ones.

I do work near one of their shops, it would just be easier on me if the local Lidl had some. Perhaps in smaller bottles, since German Deli only carries the OMGHUGE ones.

The Currywurst ketchup is in a manageable-sized bottle (500ml, I think), but the rest are quite unwieldy, aren't they? ;)

I had a bottle of Cotes de Rhone they other day for £3.89 and it was certainly drinkable. They have a range of £3.99 wines that are okayish. Try them & find your favourite. It you don't like it much stick it in some cooking.:)

Bought a bottle of South African Shiraz /Cab Sav for £4.49 earlier today,was cooking a beef stew so if i didnt like it the stew could have it.Turned out to be very nice and im drinking it now.The stew got some cheap plonk i had.:)

I'm going to Lidl tomorrow. I have bought previously fake Pimms and Bailey's. I don't want stollen, gingerbread, meat/fish, socks, curry ketchup or wine. But I do need cat food, toilet paper, butter and clothes detergent. This thread has built this occasion up somewhat.

Apparently Lidl have grinder/sander machines in. Not sure how much but if anyone sees them can you check out the price? I want to convert one to a cheap polisher.
I was in Lidl yesterday and they have something in which looks like an electric screwdriver but which also has a polishing attachment. £5.99.

I have been and it's not for me as a regular thing. I do think it's better if you eat meat/fish. I did spend £71 though..:eek:..I'm having a party on Saturday so bought juice & rum for a punch. Rum was £12.99 a litre and I spent £25 on fireworks. I got a good deal on toilet paper as it £2.29 for 9 so i bought 18, Lurpak butter was £1.99 so I bought 2 and ketchup was cheap. I'm serving hotdogs at my party so I bought some brockwurst-i think that's what they are called. I will pop back in again in December when xmas officially starts..I did not even look in the xmas section.

Don't bother with the lurpack. Own brand unsalted for baking/cooking and the sea salt crystal stuff for toast etc.

It annoys me that they sell fireworks. There were a load of teenagers in Lidl the other day who were blatantly plotting how to get their hands on them. They were all on their phones to older brothers/friends etc.

I actually planned to go as I either saw an advert or someone told about their butter. My BF prefers Lurpak but I loathe the cost when I go in December I will try the butter. I did buy some of the turkish yoghurt..:D and buying the fireworks was a right faff. You pay for them at the till with your shopping but one I wanted was sold out so I had to go back to the display and read about another one and when I came back the cashier was serving someone else plus another person had gone in front of me. The second person had the cheek to not even ask if I wanted to go back in my place and go next to where my trolley etc was and just carried on getting served.

Back
Top Bottom