Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

I have found them and scoffed the fucking lot.:D

Oh well, if there isn't a good German word for you, there ought to be. Sie sind ein Stollenscoffer!

I actually manage to avoid pigging out on their Stollen quite well, usually. I have a feeling this year might be different for which I will blame this board.:p

20141022_150653.jpg
Can the wong'uns amongst you help me out please ( marzipan munchers).
Have just bought this lot in lidl to put buy for christmas presents excetra... i don't like marzipan or panettone or fudge . But i know people who do :) if you like any of those, are the ones i have just bought ok?
The chocolate money is for a christmas stocking , have never seen it with £5 notes in it before !
I got a bag of grated cheese for myself just so i didn't feel left out.

So you bought Irish Liqueur fudge instead of the thread recommended Christmas fudge clicker?

(Whoever recommended that, I am on my second packet...)

Sod it i didn't do my fudge homework... i can go back and redeem myself. But i was buying for irish people and hoped that would swing it :(

View attachment 62776
Can the wong'uns amongst you help me out please ( marzipan munchers).
Have just bought this lot in lidl to put buy for christmas presents excetra... i don't like marzipan or panettone or fudge . But i know people who do :) if you like any of those, are the ones i have just bought ok?
The chocolate money is for a christmas stocking , have never seen it with £5 notes in it before !
I got a bag of grated cheese for myself just so i didn't feel left out.

Favorina is one of Lidl's "own brand" labels, all of it made by reputable companies for Lidl. Greebo and I buy a lot of stuff from Lidl, and none of the Favorina or de Luxe branded stuff has ever been anything less than excellent.

Apparently Lidl have grinder/sander machines in. Not sure how much but if anyone sees them can you check out the price? I want to convert one to a cheap polisher.

Thanks for the pro marz(ugh)ipan comments. Saw the cocoa dusted truffles - but couldn't recall the best ones .Was actually looking for the fleece lined leggings someone mentioned?

Right shall return for the leggings. They have really cleaned up their act in lidl. it always looked a bit rank and i avoided it preferring aldi. But it was all clean and shiny and new and smelling of fresh bread :)

Not sure about those stollen bites though - at least not Aldi.
I found them a bit flavourless - fancied a bit of mincemeat wouldn't have gone amiss.
I rather fear I'll be buying a whole one this weekend.
And there was I planning to order smaller winter trousers. :(

Right shall return for the leggings. They have really cleaned up their act in lidl. it always looked a bit rank and i avoided it preferring aldi. But it was all clean and shiny and new and smelling of fresh bread :)
The bread is great. 19p for a baguette!

Slow cookers are in Lidl though I'm back at work tomorrow and have promised to make noodles tonight so won't be able to report on how good it is for a wee while. The floor cleaners mentioned above seem to be out of stock now, at least in my local.

Aldi's Pumpking Ale wasn't pleasant but I wasn't expecting it to be actually Pumpkin flavoured. Lidl have TWO brands of 99p Halloween Ale, one being a Wytchwood (not Pumpking) and the other I didn't examine properly as I discovered they had King Goblin at £1.59. Maybe doesn't sound like a budget beer but at 6.6%abv it's actually cheaper per unit of alcohol than the 99p bottles (both were 3.8%).

Managed to avoid any stollen or marzipan related indiscretions but didn't make it through the bakery unscathed. :oops:

Slow cookers in new Milton lidl are flying off the shelves!! :eek: I bought some ginger bread hearts today, going to see how long I can hang before I start inhaling them.:hmm:

Slow cookers in new Milton lidl are flying off the shelves!! :eek: I bought some ginger bread hearts today, going to see how long I can hang before I start inhaling them.:hmm:

I have been to the biscuit barrel twice on auto pilot, before realising what I am doing, I am going to hide them up high so I cant get them without a ladder or help. ffs :mad: damn you delicious chocolate coated gingerbread.

:Dyes lovey they are the dark chocolate ones, shit loads of them here in NM I was surprised, I don't think the nannas that mainly live here like them much :hmm:

:Dyes lovey they are the dark chocolate ones, shit loads of them here in NM I was surprised, I don't think the nannas that mainly live here like them much :hmm:

:eek: Those lying little skunks in customer service told me they are no longer available!! :mad: I knew they had them in Brixton because a lovely urbanite sent me some :oops::D but you're not there are you?? I don't mind being denied gingerbread hearts, but I will not tolerate being LIED TO :mad:

Lidl and I have just bought one. :)

Missus has just got the last one they had left in Aldi :)

(mind the messy fish tank wires)

15605264251_bb140e8b22_o_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom