Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

images

all kinds of chocolate loveliness.

I just got some upholstery wipes for the car which did a great job of entirely getting rid of half a bottle of drinking yoghurt :mad: spilled on the back seat.

I did not buy stollen :cool: but I did buy prosciutto which is my weakness

They had fleece lined kids snow boots too :)

Just been to Lidl and no sign of cheap slow cookers. Got stollen bites but no beer. Massive (really fucking massive) Ritter Sport bars for £1.99 too.

I saw them too - Really had to resist. Stollen was more than enough.

Although my Ma does like her Ritter Sports and I am now out of stollen - Hmmm! :oops:

Got a Lidl's bout 10 minute walk from my house.Love the frikkadellen, cured meats,frankfurters and bratwurst,great fresh veg , the little jars of olives,peppers and artichoke for 65p/85p.The sirloin steak is great value and the Woodgate cider is £1,89 for 2 litres(get wankered for less than four quid as i am at the moment)Can someone recommend me a red wine?Something medium bodied with loadsa fruit.Tried a bottle from there a while ago and it was not very nice.

Got a Lidl's bout 10 minute walk from my house.Love the frikkadellen, cured meats,frankfurters and bratwurst,great fresh veg , the little jars of olives,peppers and artichoke for 65p/85p.The sirloin steak is great value and the Woodgate cider is £1,89 for 2 litres(get wankered for less than four quid as i am at the moment)Can someone recommend me a red wine?Something medium bodied with loadsa fruit.Tried a bottle from there a while ago and it was not very nice.
I had a bottle of Cotes de Rhone they other day for £3.89 and it was certainly drinkable. They have a range of £3.99 wines that are okayish. Try them & find your favourite. It you don't like it much stick it in some cooking.:)

A little tip about the robomop, you can reuse the dusters by brushing the dust and dirt off with one of those fabric brushes.
Also apparently it works just as well if not better without the duster, I have yet to try this though...

Nearer to Xmas Aldi usually have boxes of posh, chocolate covered marzipan. Aldi also do the best Xmas puddings. They win awards and stuff.

One thing that Aldi and Lidl consistently disappoint me about, is how rarely they have any of the lovely German/Austrian baked marzipan shapes in stock around Yuletide (or ever).

I got these thermal windshields from the Brixton store to put behind the radiators at home,It throws the heat into the room and stops it escaping through the walls. I tried this last winter and it made a massive difference, It's a couple of quid a sheet.View attachment 62735
I'm not sure it made any difference here but none of the radiators are on outer walls. I was a bit disappointed tbh.

Back
Top Bottom