Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Trial of Lucy Letby

Surprised to see nothing on this. Or search didn't bring anything up. Both possible outcomes are pretty significant: either mass blame of hospital failings on an individual that has ruined her life or another serial killer in the healthcare system. I'm hoping it's the former than latter.

I've read a little about it after seeing it mentioned elsewhere. It doesn't look conclusive either way.

Not sure I'd hope that it was hospital failings and the hospital selecting a patsy, though - why do you hope that

I've read a little about it after seeing it mentioned elsewhere. It doesn't look conclusive either way.

Not sure I'd hope that it was hospital failings and the hospital selecting a patsy, though - why do you hope that
Hope is probably the wrong term in such circumstances. Somebody deliberately killing babies is beyond my comprehension. Management blaming workers for failings is something I can compute.

There are any number of cases where medical staff have deliberately killed patients. If you google, you'll be spoilt for choice.

I know it's not something we want to believe happens, but if you think about it, if you're a psychopathic killer, it's logical to get a job in a hospital. You get access to vulnerable people, and questions won't be immediately asked if someone dies.

After a while someone may notice a pattern, and investigate, as appears to be the case here. But I wonder how many times it happens and nobody notices.

Also, discussion of ongoing court cases is generally frowned upon for legal reasons.

There are any number of cases where medical staff have deliberately killed patients. If you google, you'll be spoilt for choice.

I know it's not something we want to believe happens, but if you think about it, if you're a psychopathic killer, it's logical to get a job in a hospital. You get access to vulnerable people, and questions won't be immediately asked if someone dies.

After a while someone may notice a pattern, and investigate, as appears to be the case here. But I wonder how many times it happens and nobody notices.

Also, discussion of ongoing court cases is generally frowned upon for legal reasons.
Yes, I was reading the wikipedia page about Beverly Allitt after seeing this case in the news and was surprised how many other links there were at the bottom of the page to other medical staff convicted of killing patients with injections.

Last edited:
Yes, I was reading the wikipedia page about Beverly Allitt after seeing this case in the news and was surprised how many other links there were at the bottom of the page to other medical staff convicted of killing patients with injections.

Yes, I was reading the wikipedia page about Beverly Allitt after seeing this case in the news and was surprised how many other links there were [on wiki] to other medical staff convicted of killing patients with injections.
Yes, I used to work with a guy whose father was attacked by a nurse. He didn't die but was left with serious heath problems as a direct result. :(

According to various sources there’s a shockingly high number of serial killers active right now, and a really significant number who never get caught.

Medical serial killers are definitely part of that picture.

ouirdeaux I don’t think someone says “I think I want to be a serial killer, I wonder what’s the best way to achieve that…?”and then build the opportunity around the desire. I think medical serial killers are specifically interested in medicine/the medical world as something that is central to … well whatever the fuck it is that makes them a SK.

Someone like Beverly Allit or Shipman probably didn’t plan to kill when they began further education. Their interest in medicine was probably twisted in some way but separate to actual murder in the first instance.

My sister knew the nurse who was falsely accused of the Stepping Hill hospital poisonings. They struck her off in the end for pilfering medical supplies but only after they'd ruined her life by naming her as the suspect, to the point she couldn't safely walk down the street. And of course you'll still get armchair experts who are convinced she was guilty even though they convicted someone else for it.

Sister also gave birth at Stepping Hill a couple of days after the story first broke. She said she felt very safe because the place was overrun with police and forensics types.

The defence part of the trial has started today.

I made the mistake of looking at the m Reddit sub on her which seems to have attracted some of the Nicola Bulley conspiracy theorists and armchair experts.

Earlier today, the trial judge, Mr Justice Goss, told the jury of seven women and four men which had been deliberating for 76 hours since 10 July 2023, that they could now reach verdicts on which at least 10 of them agree (i.e. majority, rather than unanimous verdicts).

This may assist in now bringing the trial to a conclusion

Earlier today, the trial judge, Mr Justice Goss, told the jury of seven women and four men which had been deliberating for 76 hours since 10 July 2023, that they could now reach verdicts on which at least 10 of them agree (i.e. majority, rather than unanimous verdicts).

This may assist in now bringing the trial to a conclusion

Which strongly suggests that the jury cannot come to a unanimous conclusions

Alex

... This may assist in now bringing the trial to a conclusion

And probably the thread given the interest in it.

As matters are considered to be sub judice once legal proceedings become active, one imagines that the fear of committing a statutory contempt of court under the Contempt of Court Act 1981, which criminalises the publication of material which creates a substantial risk that the course of justice in the relevant proceedings would be seriously impeded or prejudiced, would limit what can legally be published on an internet messageboard regarding an ongoing criminal trial.

One may well imagine that the majority of the eminently responsible posters on this site are indeed quivering in fear of breaking the law, and for this reason have refrained from posting.

However, my experience of the internet tells me that there will always be those who will do so, at least until a moderator intervenes and shouts, 'Oi, dickheads, shut up or you're out of here! You're at risk of committing a statutory contempt of court under the Contempt of Court Act 1981!'

One may well imagine that the majority of the eminently responsible posters on this site are indeed quivering in fear of breaking the law, and for this reason have refrained from posting.

However, my experience of the internet tells me that there will always be those who will do so, at least until a moderator intervenes and shouts, 'Oi, dickheads, shut up or you're out of here! You're at risk of committing a statutory contempt of court under the Contempt of Court Act 1981!'
I didn’t know there was a thread or I’d have been all over it. 🤦‍♀️🤣

So how do they knew she was injecting them with air bubbles/insulin if there's no evidence? Confused. This whole thing is horrendous, I've been sort of following it too.

Anyway, according to DM this is what happened Neonatal nurse Lucy Letby is GUILTY of murdering babies (There's A LOT in that article)

"Manchester Crown Court was told that doctors repeatedly went to hospital managers to blow the whistle but it wasn't until the deaths of two identical triplets in 23 hours in June 2016 that she was finally removed from the ward and the unexpected deaths and collapses stopped."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom