Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The rise of fascism in the US

I was "guess-timating."

That’s pretty impressive.
I can only do it by multiplying numbers.

You are an analogue computer. :cool:

I think your guess may be optimistic, but I can’t get a good bead mentally on the effect of the Roe V Wade thing in reality compared to the other factors.

I think your guess may be optimistic, but I can’t get a good bead mentally on the effect of the Roe V Wade thing in reality compared to the other factors.

If they take both the House and Senate, that will be bad enough. If they manage to get a supermajority, that will be worse. Then, they'll have the ability to override the President's vetos. They'll also have the ability to impeach Biden, regardless of if the facts. They'll probably even be able to convict and remove him. That's a longer shot, but not impossible.

If they take both the House and Senate, that will be bad enough. If they manage to get a supermajority, that will be worse. Then, they'll have the ability to override the President's vetos. They'll also have the ability to impeach Biden, regardless of if the facts. They'll probably even be able to convict and remove him. That's a longer shot, but not impossible.

Has Biden done anything impeachable?
(Is this the laptop thing)

Has Biden done anything impeachable?
(Is this the laptop thing)

Not that I can see, but do you really think that will stop the Republicans if they get the power to do so?

(they might use the laptop thing, but I've heard the border situation specifically mentioned.)

Not that I can see, but do you really think that will stop the Republicans if they get the power to do so?

I’m not too sure how impeachment works tbf. Is the term just related to accusation?

I was amazed Trump slipped the net with that.

I’m not too sure how impeachment works tbf. Is the term just related to accusation?

I was amazed Trump slipped the net with that.

The impeachment is the accusation. Evidence is presented and then the Senate votes either for or against conviction. If there's a conviction, the President is removed from office and the VP becomes the President.

The impeachment is the accusation. Evidence is presented and then the Senate votes either for or against conviction. If there's a conviction, the President is removed from office and the VP becomes the President.

In that case yeah, I guess they could impeach Biden. But if it’s purely the accusation, why can’t they impeach now? Does it come down to a vote in one of the Houses?

In that case yeah, I guess they could impeach Biden. But if it’s purely the accusation, why can’t they impeach now? Does it come down to a vote in one of the Houses?

Yes, they have to vote to decide if there's enough evidence to proceed to the trial phase. Then they assign a special prosecutor and they hold hearings. Then, the Senate votes and needs a supermajority to remove him from office.

I think and hope American politics is more complex than US is going to go fash, its potentially in the mix, granted
quite liked Seth Myers bit the other night

though Gutfeld was equally right in saying you don't have to fascist to be voting republican

Yes, they have to vote to decide if there's enough evidence to proceed to the trial phase. Then they assign a special prosecutor and they hold hearings. Then, the Senate votes and needs a supermajority to remove him from office.

It’s a long way from the scientific method.
Thanks for the info. :thumbs:

The Republicans just picked up a seat in Guam. First time a Republican has held that seat since 1995.

This might be a long, ugly night.

That’s quite interesting - I’d lazily assumed Guam was Republican because of the massive military bases.

Senate race is so close. The 2 swing states are Georgia and Pennsylvania; Penn is looking likely to go Democrat from Republican, but Georgia is on a knife edge at the moment and potentially going the other way.

The irony if Georgia ends up being about 11k votes, which got Mr Trump in such trouble before...

Back
Top Bottom