Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Reform UK Party (latest nigel farage vehicle) is it to be laughed at or not

Reform UK candidate disowns party and backs Tories

A Reform UK election candidate has disowned the party and endorsed the local Conservative candidate instead. Liam Booth-Isherwood, the Reform UK candidate for Erewash, said there is a “significant moral issue” in parts of the party following what he called “reports of widespread racism and sexism”. He added the failure of the party’s leadership to address the issue means he no longer wants to be associated with it.

1719765730626.png

Indeed.. what does he think they're about?
“I was a member of the Tories for ten years, but in the end they became a right bunch of headbangers, so I joined Reform because they ‘better represented the values I wish to campaign on’, which was fine until they started actually saying the values out loud and on camera in the plain language we all meant”

looked-up-today-and-couldnt-think-of-anything-or-anyone-else-v0-xw2xcyf9dk9d1.jpeg

Conspiracies to the left of him
Conspiracies to the right
Here he is stuck in the middle with Farage.

Reactions: tim
Anyone think Farage will quit after he wins his seat?

i mean if they don't get a load of seats what's he going to do? will he do anything for the people?

will he just be happy with the £25 per member and fuck it all off?

Obvs he will blame the establishment and say he couldn't make any change everything is rigged against him etc etc

i mean if they don't get a load of seats what's he going to do? will he do anything for the people?

Obvs he will blame the establishment and say he couldn't make any change everything is rigged against him etc etc
Big fat old bald men rampaging through Whitehall by the end of the year, screaming about a rigged election.

If he loses, he'll just get on the sour-grapes train accusing everyone from labour to the tories to the morning star to the telegraph of ruining his special moment.

If he wins, he'll do more or less the same but with a smug smile.

If he loses, he'll just get on the sour-grapes train accusing everyone from labour to the tories to the morning star to the telegraph of ruining his special moment.

If he wins, he'll do more or less the same but with a smug smile.

Nut will he stick it out, say they get 1-20 MP's what's that going to change? fuck all... so will he just think, ah fuck this im off.

or stick it out for years and actually have to work

He will use the HoC as his own private tiktok studio.

He will make endless claims of being stitched up by the establishment/FPTP for trying to say what real people think. I think the more votes than the Tories ship has sailed but I guarantee he won't shut up about the Lib Dems having more seats than him if he beats them in the popular vote.

He will occasionally transgress the norms of parliament/MP behaviour to stay in the paper and keep the Bannon style strategy of flooding the zone with shit going. Expect bad behaviour.

He will be an irksome pub bore voice that the Gvmt will be forced to at least consider when trying to anything even remotely good or progressive. Unless Starmer tackles him head on

Yeah he'll just be the same attention seeking blowhard gobshite as he's always been. Being an MP makes that easier rather than harder so not sure why he'd quit. Plus he gets paid and gets cheap drinks.

Yeah he'll just be the same attention seeking blowhard gobshite as he's always been. Being an MP makes that easier rather than harder so not sure why he'd quit. Plus he gets paid and gets cheap drinks.

But i mean it's like effort and stuff, he will have to do something, and i don't think he likes actual work,

and do fuck all for the people who voted for him....

He's also of course got one eye on the trumpery across the sea, how that goes willl certainly define how much attention the people of Clacton get from him should he win. Should he and Trump both win their respective ballots, he's going to act like some transatlantic colossus isn't he? Clacton might get more out of him if he loses, because he'll need to start working towards the next GE (or at conniving some by-election...)

I don't think he'll quit as an MP, he'll carry on taking the salary, while continuing to do his GB News show, which is worth about £350k pa to him, this whole shitshow is about building brand Farage, he's a grifter

I don't think he'll quit as an MP, he'll carry on taking the salary, while continuing to do his GB News show, which is worth about £350k pa to him, this whole shitshow is about building brand Farage, he's a grifter

yeah i know this, but i'm not sure he will stick it out, just a hunch.

let's see

yeah i know this, but i'm not sure he will stick it out, just a hunch.

I don't understand why you think that, why would he walk away from the money, and chance to pop up every so often in the house for some ranting and raging, to generate content for his GB News show?

he'll do the same as when he was an MEP for 20 years.
attendance rate at parliament terrible. not participate in anything. but keep on taking the salary (and rack up a nice pension) while using the soapbox provided for self promotion and grifting.

I don't understand why you think that, why would he walk away from the money, and chance to pop up every so often in the house for some ranting and raging, to generate content for his GB News show?

just a hunch, that's all, lets see who's right in 6 months or so :D

maybe he gets a better job offer in the USA or Russia!

Apparently he will switch to the Tories and become their new leader, and then become PM after the next election, at least that's what at least one poster here reckons...

No

The strategy is 2029 and to reshape the right between now and then. Either Farage and Co have a decisive influence in a populist reconfiguration of the Tories or Reform attempt to displace it as the oppositon to centrism/elite liberal opinion.

No.

Regardless of the result (and I think Reform are going to a) poll extremely well but b) due to first past the post this won't translate into more than 4-6 seats) the conspiracy/hidden hand of the establishment stuff is here to stay. He's learnt from the US that this type of stuff has traction due to popular despair/hatred of the elite/political class. Regardless of the result we can expect his tik tok/social media to pump this stuff out and for it to be shared over and over again.

Farage packed out the NEC in Birmingham at the weekend. The biggest event of the GE by a distance and the sort of numbers that flaccid centrists like Starmer and Sunak can only dream of. In recent memory only Corbyn could connect in a similar way. He will win Clacton and poll millions of votes. On 5th July as the rump of the Tory Party surveys the scale of the defeat - and with a Labour Government probably 6 months away from crisis - don't expect anything but a gloating and empowered Farage to step forward with his 'contract' for 2029.

Back
Top Bottom