Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

abandons another policy knowing that the courts would rule against them.
still, it grabbed the headlines in the first place. and that's all she cares about. not actually accomplishing anything.
It boils my piss, the way the Government let this go all the way down to the wire every fucking time, and then backs out when the scrutiny is just about inevitable.

It reminds me very much of something a copper once told me about how child sex abusers often maintain a "not guilty" stance right up until witnesses actually appear in court on the date of the trial before changing their plea to "guilty", on the basis that witnesses/complainants often lose their nerve and don't turn up, allowing the perpetrator to be acquitted.

It boils my piss, the way the Government let this go all the way down to the wire every fucking time, and then backs out when the scrutiny is just about inevitable.

It reminds me very much of something a copper once told me about how child sex abusers often maintain a "not guilty" stance right up until witnesses actually appear in court on the date of the trial before changing their plea to "guilty", on the basis that witnesses/complainants often lose their nerve and don't turn up, allowing the perpetrator to be acquitted.
yeh and on the other hand they say oh we're so welcoming to ukrainian refugees but then they make it as hard as possible for them to get in. they're vile scum.

yeh and on the other hand they say oh we're so welcoming to ukrainian refugees but then they make it as hard as possible for them to get in. they're vile scum.
Yeah, there have been a lot of stories lately which amply demonstrate the scummy way in which they're playing the "computer says no" game to completely hamstring perfectly legitimate refugees. It's appalling, and not a little embarrassing - "yes, I'm a citizen of a country which doesn't even have the balls to admit it won't take Ukrainian refugees when everyone else is falling over themselves to take them in" :mad:

Yeah, there have been a lot of stories lately which amply demonstrate the scummy way in which they're playing the "computer says no" game to completely hamstring perfectly legitimate refugees. It's appalling, and not a little embarrassing - "yes, I'm a citizen of a country which doesn't even have the balls to admit it won't take Ukrainian refugees when everyone else is falling over themselves to take them in" :mad:
we have a government composed of little putins. only without the russian president's wit and easy charm.

This makes me angry and this government gets worse and worse. All to try and save Johnson's job.
The first group of people will be informed this week of the government’s intention to send them to Rwanda under its controversial relocation scheme, the Home Office has said.

Last edited:
This makes me angry and this government gets worse and worse. All to try and save Johnson's job.

Not to diminish the inevitable suffering of those on whom this appalling policy is inflicted, but they will end up demonstrating the moral paucity of this horrible approach.

Not to diminish the inevitable suffering of those on whom this appalling policy is inflicted, but they will end up demonstrating the moral paucity of this horrible approach.

I don't think it's intended to be a moral policy. It's designed to appeal to the sort of ghouls for whom hatred of others takes precedence over any kind of morality.

Patel is in the HS post because she's evil. She's not suffering from some kind of malfunction here.

Back
Top Bottom