Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

Can asylum seekers turn up in Rwanda and fill in their paperwork then fly direct to uk when approved?
I think the idea is that they stay in Rwandan concentration camp reception centre until they are 'processed'. If their application is successful they are granted a 5 year visa to stay in Rwanda, and work. If not they get deported back to where they came from.

This applies only to 'illegal migrants'. Bear in mind that anyone arriving in the UK without having previously applied for asylum will be treated as an illegal migrant.

So it's utterly inhumane illegal bollocks. And it can't possibly work. It's a Hail Mary pass to secure votes in the May locals, IMO. And deserves to sink the Tories forever.

The Archbishop believes that those of us who don't perform well in life and get refused a visa to heaven are heading to hell so it's a bit rich of him to condemn this bonkers plan
Of course, the Archbishop would then believe that the Home Secretary and Prime Minister will go to hell.

Arsenal's sponsorship arrangements a bit inopportune.

Tierney-Arsenal.jpg

Arsenal's sponsorship arrangements a bit inopportune.

Tierney-Arsenal.jpg

That sponsorship has always been very dicey. And I know a few Arsenal supporters who quit as a result of this. The country's population is largely impoverished and the government given to the odd human rights violation, well many human rights violations. but hey who cares.

Let's just take their money in exchange for putting their logo all over their stadium and players.

starting to lose all faith in humanity.

That sponsorship has always been very dicey. And I know a few Arsenal supporters who quit as a result of this. The country's population is largely impoverished and the government given to the odd human rights violation, well many human rights violations. but hey who cares.

Let's just take their money in exchange for putting their logo all over their stadium and players.

starting to lose all faith in humanity.
Not sure how much worse it is than "Fly Emirates", tbh.

Being an old Etonian is more than enough.
In some ways you have to blame the parents/guardians, rather than the students for that.

It'd be an interesting experiment to put one identical twin in Eton, and the other through state education, and look at who was the bigger cunt forty years later.

Back on topic, the nicest thing I can say about Priti Patel is that she didn't go to Eton.

Why the fuck Rwanda? Is it because it's a desperately poor country, and can thus be persuaded to take people by dangling a bit of money?

Why the fuck Rwanda? Is it because it's a desperately poor country, and can thus be persuaded to take people by dangling a bit of money?
i think it's cos this tory government have history with the government there, having shovelled money in kagame's direction over the past decade

Do we know who might be mobilising against this? I've just seen a couple of local protests so far. Linton On Ouse - where they are planning to imprison people pre deportation - might be worth a visit. :)

Back
Top Bottom