Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

On HIGNFY last week they showed a graph of ministers' popularity with Tory members, and Patel was the only one with a negative rating, and quite a sizeable one at that. There has been ample opportunity to sack her, and if even Tories don't like her you have to wonder why she's still there.

who Patel

more Dim not less evil

:hmm:

Last edited:
no magic money tree but the united kindgom turns into government based human trafficers

all to keep Boris johnsons drinking during lockdown out of the news feed :mad:

if i was english, i'd be even more enraged
If you were English Johnson would have overloaded your rage

A source told ITV News: "The asylum system is costing the taxpayer over £1.5 billion per year – the highest amount in over two decades, and we are spending £4.7 million on hotels per day between those who have arrived illegally and through resettlement programmes.

“Home office officials are clear that deterring illegal entry would create significant savings. However, such a deterrent effect cannot be quantified with certainty.

"They argued it would be wrong to "let a lack of precise modelling delay a policy aimed at reducing illegal migration, saving lives, and breaking the business model of the smuggling gangs”.

They literally talk about 'deterrence' in one sentence and saving lives in the next. So if they mean 'deterring' organised, exploitative people smugglers, I can't see any logic to this plan. It's just deterrence and populist posturing. Ok, no surprise there, but then Patel tries to sell it as a humane move first and foremost. Complete load of horseshit from the usual suspects. Cynical and insulting nonsense.

Patels get in her vinegars imaging sending people packing to Rwanda in the below

image.jpg

thats her kind of deterent

Back
Top Bottom