Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

Could only find this link, so maybe only The Telegraph were privy to this latest announcement:

Clearly another headline grabber, but what exactly is the point of this?
it is a headline grabber. that is its point. it is to make it appear that Something Is Being Done

Could only find this link, so maybe only The Telegraph were privy to this latest announcement:

This could backfire. Given that - outside the loonysphere that is right-wing Tory politics - attitudes towards drug use are becoming more informed, and tolerant, I suspect that the naming and "shaming" will be met with "Huh? So what?"

I'm a (probably) middle class drug user, and my main concern is the prospect of a criminal record. If the police were to "out" me for using a bit of weed, I think I'd embrace it. I'm not going to be shamed by a government that lies, steals, and kills, and appears to consider itself completely unaccountable.

This could backfire. Given that - outside the loonysphere that is right-wing Tory politics - attitudes towards drug use are becoming more informed, and tolerant, I suspect that the naming and "shaming" will be met with "Huh? So what?"

I'm a (probably) middle class drug user, and my main concern is the prospect of a criminal record. If the police were to "out" me for using a bit of weed, I think I'd embrace it. I'm not going to be shamed by a government that lies, steals, and kills, and appears to consider itself completely unaccountable.
given the length of time it takes to deal with each arrested person at the moment, i can't see this being entirely welcomed by the police.

Employers doing away with drug testing policies as they can't replace the staff shows she really has her finger on the pulse of this issue.
they only way she could name and shame me would be if i tested negative.

Shows how important drug testing really is to peoples' performance. If it were serious they'd need it even more what with having fewer employees.

Boris Johnson on using cocaine: ‘I tried it at university and I remember it vividly’

Back
Top Bottom