Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

I can't imagine anyone is going to get deported to Afghanistan anytime soon unless Priti is planning to drop them via parachute, I can't imagine Kabul Airport is going to be opening again any time soon. (Flightradar shows not a single aircraft in Afghan airspace). Clearly the Home Office is not up on current events.

TBH they're probably better off speaking to someone at the washing machine repair company than the Home Office.

Can you imagine the Border Force being tasked with implementing this and having to decide 'when it was safe' to turn a vessel around? Would corporate manslaughter be a possibility if migrants subsequently drowned following such an action? Given the risks, might they just ignore this directive??
I think this is another example of this government coming up with a half-baked idea, which they celebrate as "completely new and revolutionary", not realising that thousands of such ideas get had and are rightly shitcanned way before they enter public discourse, for the very simple reason that they are crap and unworkable.

Which is not to say that this shower won't try very hard to get it implemented, before making some huge U-turn when reality bites.

I think this is another example of this government coming up with a half-baked idea, which they celebrate as "completely new and revolutionary", not realising that thousands of such ideas get had and are rightly shitcanned way before they enter public discourse, for the very simple reason that they are crap and unworkable.

Which is not to say that this shower won't try very hard to get it implemented, before making some huge U-turn when reality bites.
It's just the Lynton Crosby stuff...again.

This is just dog whistling, At the end of the day nothing changes the fact that the Channel simply isn't very wide and the French plod, coastguard, local politicians etc have little real interest in stopping them from trying no matter what the politicians in Paris might say.
Once they're halfway across then they are in British waters and Britain then has to deal with them. The only way to stop them is tip the boats over and machine gun them in the water. Whilst there are no doubt a few nutjobs advocating doing this, it's not going to happen. Most people in this country don't want to let them in but draw the line long before we get to murdering them. There are places in the world where Joe Public are up for being completely ruthless but this isn't one of them.

Back
Top Bottom