Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The New Tories - Ruthlessly Incompetent. Post Examples of Tory Stupidity Here

Good grief, how much fiddling do you have to do to get sacked from an organisation comprised entirely of corrupt people? She must’ve been fabricating invoices worth millions… No wonder she’s found a soulmate in Boris.

Fuck AI, ordinary intelligence would do. don't put a whole lot of consultants and focus groups and ministers on it. All that does is sponge up the cash that should go to people at the workfront.

All that crap last week about phones in the classroom. They are possibly the easiest way for schools to embrace and use technology. Homework by text. Teach every kid to type.

It's been 18hours since the last fuck up,
Now there is this:

This lot would be kicked out of village hall committee, let alone the country

Dunno about you, but when I last replaced my phone one of the last things I did with the old one was back up the WhatsApp messages, and then download them onto the new one. So I didn't lose anything important.

Not the same circumstances of course. I wasn't actively destroying evidence of fraud and grand scale theft from the public purse.

Why is Michael Ashcroft still allowed to use the "Lord" moniker? He resigned from the House six years ago, in all probability because they wanted fewer tax-dodging non-doms in there. He's certainly not one who inherited his title, so he's advertising himself as something he's not, or lying as others might call it.

Stopping being a working peer doesn't remove the title.

That is done by death, or IIRC a prison sentence of a certain length.

I don't seem to recall correctly.

On looking at Archer, he is still a life peer, there seems to be no automatic mechanism to remove a peer, it needs an act of parliament.

I was certain that post Archer a mechanism had been put in place, seems not.

On looking at Archer, he is still a life peer, there seems to be no automatic mechanism to remove a peer, it needs an act of parliament.

Thank you. I didn't expect the answer to be logical, because we're talking about the House of Lords here. Archer (liar and jailbird) and Ashcroft (liar and tax dodger) are but two amongst many wrong'uns in the HoL. Yet for some reason the idea that it's shite and ought to be changed never gains traction with an electorate who voted in vast numbers to get rid of the unelected elite in Brussels.

Thank you. I didn't expect the answer to be logical, because we're talking about the House of Lords here. Archer (liar and jailbird) and Ashcroft (liar and tax dodger) are but two amongst many wrong'uns in the HoL. Yet for some reason the idea that it's shite and ought to be changed never gains traction with an electorate who voted in vast numbers to get rid of the unelected elite in Brussels.

I'm in favour of a second chamber, but find it hard to see how you put people there.

Election is just Commons II, appointment is what we have now, bar a few hereditaries and Bishops.

There is no way for a life peer to resign their peerage. A private members bill was introduced by Lord Philips as he wanted to go back to being Mr Phillips and make way for someone younger. His bill was defeated and there is still no way to resign

Back
Top Bottom