Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The most awkward bank holiday ever

Work was like Xmas Eve, so I'm getting hammered (shock horror). Will prolly wake up just as they're firing flaming arrows at the funeral barge
MM6gNVZ.gif

prolly wake up just as they're firing flaming arrows at the funeral barge
MM6gNVZ.gif
I was reading that that whole thing is a fallacy :(

In reality they'll be shooting her at the moon from a cannon 👍

Going to the gym now, it better be open! After that staying indoors doing house stuff and admin. Might put the TV on for a few minutes at some point if I'm feeling brave.

Well, Mrs Fish's new employer is still expecting her to start today, so because the buses are on a Sunday service, I'm up bright and early in order to run her out!

Then I'll get back to the painting! :D

Going to the gym now, it better be open! After that staying indoors doing house stuff and admin. Might put the TV on for a few minutes at some point if I'm feeling brave.
The few places that are open will have giant tv screens playing the funeral to customers. Stay in and lock your door til 5pm at least :eek:

Well, looking at the weather, I think we will have a drive over to Arnham and then maybe into to Germany as Ms 747 hasn't been able to go since pre lock down.

(Nb The Mc Donalds here are open...)

The few places that are open will have giant tv screens playing the funeral to customers. Stay in and lock your door til 5pm at least :eek:

Round here, all the Legion branches have opened to anyone, member or not to come-in and watch the funeral.

Most awkward for Sinn Féin who won't go to Westminster to sit in Parliament, but will go to Westminster to sit in the pews at Brenda's funeral.

Reading, listening to music and maybe a walk.

Just checked the TFL website for no reason and the Elizabeth Line is part suspended. There is a joke is there somewhere.

Reactions: tim

Fully open, no funeral stuff on anywhere, staff a bit surprised when I said I was pleased they were open as thought they might be closed. Happy techno playing and the gym was busier than normal.

Tbf we’re swerving any social disapproval for doing activities at the wrong time by using the day to tackle a long list of tasks we haven’t had time to do. Which I haven’t started and is already making me feel anxious 😭

I had a list of chores I planned but now I have a cold and bad sore throat, all I can do is sit front of the TV and OH is watching 😣 how long does this go on for, I wish for death

I'm going to go for a run. I intend to share a conspiratorial glance with all the other traitors I go past.

Same. I'm half hoping some bellend will try and have a go at me for being disrespectful: the adrenaline of running makes me more confrontational than usual if faced with bellends, and I won't hold back letting them know what I think :D

Fully open, no funeral stuff on anywhere, staff a bit surprised when I said I was pleased they were open as thought they might be closed. Happy techno playing and the gym was busier than normal.
Ours is shut. I got up at just after 10am and made myself bacon and eggs for breakfast. Normally this is a Sunday only treat but I thought in deference to the occasion I would have it today instead.
I have emptied the dishwasher and refilled the bird bath as well as the bird, squirrel and hedgehog feeders. As soon as I have finished this I will crack on with the ironing.

Reactions: LDC
Just finished turning the compost heap.

Don't know about anyone else, but I always find it encouraging to see how dead things decompose and become something useful.

Currently listening to old school hip hop, but going out in a bit to see if there’s a shop open somewhere and then I am going to watch the horror film Men (quite fitting for the occasion actually), then play Saints Row

I had a list of chores I planned but now I have a cold and bad sore throat, all I can do is sit front of the TV and OH is watching 😣 how long does this go on for, I wish for death
My OH and her mother are glued to the telly (M-i-L almost literally - she sits a foot away so she can see it).

I've been pottering - kit bag packed for next weekend's festival, washing sorted - that sort of thing.

6 Music has mournful music on, as if to punish us traitors.

Back
Top Bottom