Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The League One Thread 2023-24

Puddy_Tat

naturally fluffy
Another new dawn at the Valley for the start of a new season in the third division.

excuse me while i feel faintly uninspired.

happy new season, everyone...

I'd say it's nice to be back after 21 years away, but it isn't.

Reading are a mess. More FA charges coming up. Another points deduction? The transfer embargo has been lifted, but who the hell in their right mind is going to sign up for a club that failed to pay its players on time, twice last season?

Despite that, we have signed some players (including Robbie Savage's son), and it appears that we may be able to field an eleven come the start of the season.

Can't wait till the first game - Winchester City are home to Walton & Hersham.

Cautiously optimistic from a Lincoln point of view this season. Finished strongly last year and new signings look well targeted with a coherent plan in mind, and Tyler Walker has a track record of scoring goals for us in this division. Reasonably confident we'll do OK although based on the budget that's probably 'top half' rather than 'pushing for the title.' Would be happy with better than last season (which I suppose again means top half as we finished towards the top of the bottom half in the end).

Charlton looked decent against us yesterday, good support too for a friendly. You;ll never beat Millwall :p

Did anyone else think the 'new improved' ITV highlights show was complete crap?

higher proportion of talk to football - i don't want to sit through 'colin' wittering on for ages, thanks all the same

shorter highlights for the third and fourth divisions, and the sound quality was crap - could hardly hear the summariser over the crowd noise.

and not sure the presenters are going to enjoy doing the links after the 'featured game' in a freezing cold ground in the middle of winter

i can't quite decide if this gets a :D or a :facepalm:

WTF was that?

Half an hour on Plymouth v Huddersfield was a bit much for me, I can understand the extended coverage during international weeks but who cares about Neil Warnock's return to Home Park? Probably not even Neil Warnock.

I feel your pain Puddy_Tat , but Reading have 3 points!

Watching the club's social media has been grim. Vast celebrations about beating Cheltenham Town 1-0 at home is embarrassing.

mx wcfc I watched the game on tv and I've got to say we did actually look good in the first half, pacey and interesting. Wheels looked like they were coming off second half but there is some promise there. Possibly this is early season naivety from me!

Going to the match on Saturday so will get more of a feel

Reading are that bad this season, I think I'm going to unwatch this thread.

Watched a rubbish 1-1 draw at Winchester City this evening, so I'm a double grumpy football fan tonight.

:(

wtf is going on at reading?
Owner doesn't give a feck. Club is penniless. Playing with youth team players who aren't good enough yet, plus players (and a manager) who couldn't get a job anywhere else.

If the club isn't sold, soon, we'll be in liquidation before the end of the season. I'm past caring.

There are "interested parties", but if someone doesn't buy the club and put a lot of money in before the transfer window, we'll be relegated again.

Such a shame. Mates of mine in Reading have started going to Reading City in the Combined Counties League. Or just not going.

I watched the 2nd half of the Reading game last night and it was woeful. I was optimistic at the start of the season but things just keep getting worse.

had a slightly rude e-mail from mum-tat this evening (she isn't all that enthusiastic about football, but follows reading from a distance...)

Back
Top Bottom