Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The grand tory 'civil war' thread

Hugely desperate ploy from hamhead...

Blimey. If Cameron is briefing against Osborne like this the shit really is hitting the fan. I thought the wheels would come off Cameron's government at some point, but didn't for one minute think it would happen quite so quickly or quite so dramatically. :cool:

From today's Torygraph:

cartoon_3598115d.jpg

I think what we're witnessing here does have the potential to make significant difference to a number of matters.
spot on. the potential may not be realised, of course, and also, down the line may not be so welcome. We know more about IDS now than last time he was leader, does anyone really want his wing of the tory party in the ascendancy?

But unless they remember sooner rather than later that tearing chunks off their enemies sustains their opponents, for the time being it's enjoyable to watch.

Blimey. If Cameron is briefing against Osborne like this the shit really is hitting the fan. I thought the wheels would come off Cameron's government at some point, but didn't for one minute think it would happen quite so quickly or quite so dramatically. :cool:
its great isn't it, the whole debacle is moving at the speed of twitter as the pair of cunts in 10&11 start to look weak.

Osborne will ride this one out as the budget is not controversial with great swathes of voters who have no idea what capital gains tax is and think disability claimants are skivers zipping down the offy in their mobility scooters. And even Tory voters perceive Duncan-Smith to be a weaselly little turd.

Be interesting to see how much muscle Corbyn flexes at PMQs on Weds.

My fear is he'll continue with his points of view style letters to Corb, but it has all the makings of a John Major style crumbling when Blair precision hit his weak leadership at every opportunity.

Be interesting to see how much muscle Corbyn flexes at PMQs on Weds.

My fear is he'll continue with his points of view style letters to Corb, but it has all the makings of a John Major style crumbling when Blair precision hit his weak leadership at every opportunity.
yeh cos blair was never a weak leader :rolleyes:

way to go missing the point there, thumbs.
no point to crass comparison - you say major was a weak leader, which i think is bollocks. he was a markedly better, stronger, leader than cameron, winning an election (1992) in the middle of the poll tax debacle with 42% of the vote. the comparison with corbyn's utterly barking: corbyn elected leader despite his parliamentary party, major elected leader by his parliamentary party.

I think George was slowly moving away from aspirations of leadership, it now seems like he has blown it. On the downside, it does Boris's claim a power of good.when you get rid of one Tory, as sure as rotten eggs is rotten eggs, there will be another waiting to take their place. Enjoy while it lasts.

I think George was slowly moving away from aspirations of leadership, it now seems like he has blown it. On the downside, it does Boris's claim a power of good.when you get rid of one Tory, as sure as rotten eggs is rotten eggs, there will be another waiting to take their place. Enjoy while it lasts.
yeh well with luck we'll be able to wave goodbye to boris after the referendum.

Keep it up chaps!

He had the brain to realize that kicking the disabled (who probably won't vote Tory) at the same time as giving middle income tax cuts (who might vote Tory), looks really shitty, and resigned ahead of the Last Leg, who probably should be getting slightly more credit for calling all this shit out.

Back
Top Bottom