Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The *FULL* cooked breakfast thread - back me up

Double tomato is a sin. There’s already tomatoes in the bean juice. A wet raw tinned tomato doesn’t enhance the meal in any way

:mad:
Wrong thread. This is the thread for people who are happy for others to enjoy food regardless of their own feelings on the dish in question. There’s another thread where people who don’t like variety get shouty.

In my view, the fruit salad would have been better served in a ramekin. And I’m allergic to orange anyway (it triggers migraines for me). But that looks like a good, hearty, balanced breakfast for someone who enjoys those components. 👍

Wrong thread. This is the thread for people who are happy for others to enjoy food regardless of their own feelings on the dish in question. There’s another thread where people who don’t like variety get shouty.

In my view, the fruit salad would have been better served in a ramekin. And I’m allergic to orange anyway (it triggers migraines for me). But that looks like a good, hearty, balanced breakfast for someone who enjoys those components. 👍
Apologies, I thought this was the latest leg of the FEB thread. I don't go on it much as sadly I can not handle a full English without it ruining my day 😕

You should try Scottish White pudding. It's really good, but difficult to find. Usually you need a good traditional butcher who makes his own haggis. For some reason they seem to go together.

Or better still, Aberdeen Mealie pudding, or in some places a “Mealie Jimmie”, which is much the same. White pudding is generally ok but in some parts it can be more of a porridge pudding and not so good.

:mad:

£11!!!

Although from that article:

“According to a study in 2016, the perfect fry up contains two sausages, two rashers of bacon, fried eggs, mushrooms, toast, beans and fried tomatoes - and red sauce.

Fried bread and black pudding are also considered essential for the ultimate breakfast, the poll of 2,000 adults discovered.”
Funny how the pill describes a perfect fried breakfast but that combination is rarely to be found on sale, going by the efforts of the other FEB thread.

(I realise this is the wrong thread! :) )

In Scotland we still tend to all the items/puddings etc that other nations get lilly-livered about, although English disappointments are still available for those who feel the need. :)

Reactions: izz
Back
Top Bottom