Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dubious journalism of the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg

So Blair didn't lie? That utterly odious shitstain Campbell didn't back up his lies?

Yes, Johnson lied, and lied, and lied. His lies didn't take us to war though. Blair, Campbell and Brown should still be in prison.
Johnson's covid lies and cock ups killed thousands. Johnson's brexit bullshit is hurting and will damage thousands of lives. Johnson's self-interest, incompetence and greed will hurt thousands of people for years to come. Why not the same cell as Blair?

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Johnson's covid lies and cock ups killed thousands. Johnson's brexit bullshit is hurting and will damage thousands of lives. Johnson's self-interest, incompetence and greed will hurt thousands of people for years to come. Why not the same cell as Blair?

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

The people voted for Brexit. Anyone who expected a good outcome was beyond deluded. A bit thick to blame Johnson for the idiocy of the populace. What sort of outcome could be expected? Certainly not a good one.

As to Covid, so easy to criticise actions when you have no responsibility for the outcome. Balancing protection of the populace with protection of the economy was an impossible task.

The people voted for Brexit. Anyone who expected a good outcome was beyond deluded. A bit thick to blame Johnson for the idiocy of the populace. What sort of outcome could be expected? Certainly not a good one.

As to Covid, so easy to criticise actions when you have no responsibility for the outcome. Balancing protection of the populace with protection of the economy was an impossible task.
I wasn't blaming Johnson for anything but incompetence and dishonesty? I certainly wasn't blaming voters for anything; why suggest otherwise? Oh and the economy is there to meet the needs of the population not the other way round...apart from that you are spot on.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

I'm not a massive fan of Lycett's comedy, and at first I thought it was pretty naff to play the 'I'm a right winger and I am right behind her' part. . . but, it was actually a really fun and interesting way of exposing how utterly daft you look blindly following these goons. It's obviously easy to pick the tories apart, but when you do it under the usual rules it gets batted away. It's barely even a 'flip', and the issues are the same, but to play the part of someone going along with everything the tories say using their own uselessness against them was simple and effective.
Excellent work.

I'm not a massive fan of Lycett's comedy, and at first I thought it was pretty naff to play the 'I'm a right winger and I am right behind her' part. . . but, it was actually a really fun and interesting way of exposing how utterly daft you look blindly following these goons. It's obviously easy to pick the tories apart, but when you do it under the usual rules it gets batted away. It's barely even a 'flip', and the issues are the same, but to play the part of someone going along with everything the tories say using their own uselessness against them was simple and effective.
Excellent work.
For such a massively over-hyped talking heads show, Kuenssberg's production team must have some right thicko posh twats to booked Lycett for her opening show.

Ex head of political programming on BBC trying to defend Kuenssberg's dignity came out with some pompous shite about Lycett and got this gem thrown back at him:

Mostly posted for because I'd forgotten just how good Bobbie did there.

It’s had lots of headlines because of lycett. The production team might be better at 4d chess than putin. Or maybe not :)
Exactly. It's a TV show not a party political broadcast. They want viewers. Lycit was on because he was the 'comedy left' (those jokers) balance and is currently hated by the daily mail. The comedy left gets the lefties tuning in and nodding, rather than just fuming. The right doesn't have any intelligent comics.

I had never heard of Lycett before. I actually thought he meant it when backing Truss, but some say he didn’t.
Any irony and cynicism was well veiled in the moment and I was taken in.
I thought the programme was rubbish, anybody who says in advance that there will be ‘fun’ or lighthearted stuff is setting themselves up for a fall.
My impression was that the presenter will continue to be all about herself, and essentially no real work, or rigour or creativity went into it, it was low level that’ll do crap.
I would’ve preferred to see something like Mick Lynch interviewing Truss at a food bank whilst both being pelted with litter left by foraging foxes, whilst Kuenssberg assembles the food boxes singing Leader of the Pack balancing a cauliflower on her head.
I really liked Mick Lynch until I discovered he advised his members to vote leave. Now I think he is a tosser.
He is redeeming himself a bit, but in my eyes will always fundamentally be a tosser because of his referendum stance. Possibly a very good leader, but another remarkable icon with feet of clay.

I don't do Twitter but a colleague tells me LK has tweeted that Mrs Johnson has filed for divorce. Be funny if that's the case, but I can't believe it.

So Blair didn't lie? That utterly odious shitstain Campbell didn't back up his lies?

Yes, Johnson lied, and lied, and lied. His lies didn't take us to war though. Blair, Campbell and Brown should still be in prison.
You're saying that like it's an either or thing. Like the issue that Blair, Campbell and Brown should have been tried for war crimes at The Hague and and found guilty somehow negates or lessens Johnson's crimes.

They're all cunts.

Johnson lied about the £350m for the NHS on the side of the bus campaigning for Brexit, he lied to the Queen to prorogue parliament, he lied about partying in Number 10 while thousands of people died from Covid-19, he broke the law.

Scores on the doors:

Blair, Brown and Campbell

Iraq Body Count project (IBC) is a web-based effort to record civilian deaths resulting from the US-led 2003 invasion of Iraq. Included are deaths attributable to coalition and insurgent military action, sectarian violence and criminal violence, which refers to excess civilian deaths caused by criminal action resulting from the breakdown in law and order which followed the coalition invasion. As of February 2019, the IBC has recorded 183,249 – 205,785 civilian deaths.[2] The IBC has a media-centered approach to counting and documenting the deaths. Other sources have provided differing estimates of deaths, some much higher. See Casualties of the Iraq War.

Johnson
The clusterfuck that was the Covid-19 pandemic, starting with Johnson failing to attend five COBRA meetings, telling the press/the nation that he met lots of Covid patients and shook hands with them, delayed lockdown (coincidentally allowing Cheltenham Festival horse racing to go ahead), discharging Covid positive elderly patients to care/nursing homes, decimating their population in the process, then awarding corrupt contracts to supply PPE to their cronies, which in many cases wasn't fit for purpose, etc etc etc.

Deaths within 28 days of [Covid-19[ positive test by date of death

Total​

So their respective death tolls are 183,249 – 205,785 versus 203,159. Pretty much even stevens. Like I said, they're all cunts. Every single last one of them.

Ace bit of trolling here:

I really don’t want to have to watch that clip. I have not seen or heard Laura Kuenssberg before and want to keep it that way. It’s almost become a point of honour.
Is there a version with her edited out?

I realised something bugging me about LK in the specific clip: she’s got American newsreader hair with the kind of ringlets at the front that mean there is a hairdresser with some tongs waiting in the wings.

Is this the direction women in uk news telly are now heading? All dolled up with Friday night hair?

I realised something bugging me about LK in the specific clip: she’s got American newsreader hair with the kind of ringlets at the front that mean there is a hairdresser with some tongs waiting in the wings.

Is this the direction women in uk news telly are now heading? All dolled up with Friday night hair?
Either she is the human version of the play-doh barber or they're hair extensions as well. It was short a few weeks ago. Its not her hair that needs work it's her shitty politics. God I despise her.

No shit Sherlock:

I think the title is indeed a bit "No shit Sherlock", but article neatly explains why.
When I worked at ITV my job would often slide into the political (but never live broadcast). People were always being given the wrong jobs for the wrong reasons. Nothing as disastrous as the above, but the whole system was geared towards making TV rather than stoically doing the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom