Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

"I was in bad shape" so I drove 260 miles.

Fucking hell, someone take this man's license.

Presumably the DVLA are on the case.

Visual field defects and driving
You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.
Car or motorbike licence
You must tell DVLA if you have a visual field defect.
Report your condition online
You can also fill in form V1 and send it to DVLA. The address is on the form.

As somebody said, this was a pure retrofit. I suspect 90%+ of the facts/dates and timings were true, but the motivation he announced for each decision was universally untrue. There are bits that could unravel, particularly if it turns out his wife can drive or that his usual childcare in London was available. But ultimately this was an awful but effective strategy.

Oh, sorry, the other bit was weak as piss and might have interesting consequences was where he said he'd spoke to johnson but they were both too far gone to remember it. There's clearly more to pick at there.

Presumably the DVLA are on the case.

Visual field defects and driving
You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.
Car or motorbike licence
You must tell DVLA if you have a visual field defect.
Report your condition online
You can also fill in form V1 and send it to DVLA. The address is on the form.
In my day, the test was 'can you read a number plate at 15 yards?'. Nowadays, seems to me can you drive family members on an hour long drive with no more than a 15 minute rest by the river.

Brilliant point on BBC from a lecturer from Durham University, Lisa McKenzie, saying it's no great surprise that an elite rich man does what he wants, and why aren't the press covering the millions of working class people who are struggling and will struggle to cope with rent and bills through this crisis

It is, but I like many am able to be angry about multiple things at a time, and seeing Cummings's head on a fucking pike is still up there with all the other stuff. I don't have to drop that because there are other things I am also angry about.

My spidey sense says the self isolation dates are probably all wrong. Chuck the info at some autists and they'll find all the holes :D

This replay is really showing up gaping holes in his testimony. There's bits about sitting on a riverbank and then driving back from Barnard complete with the wee stop? Did I hear that right?

What I have thought of, since the start of this stuff with Cummings, is people like Kayla Williams - and her husband and their three children.

It doesn't relate directly to this story - but it was definitely the first story that brought a thump to my heart.

Just one of tens of thousands of deaths now - but this cunt using up time to plead his own case now, instead of just standing down, while that family had to isolate after such a traumatic loss, using his important position and his child to justify his move hundreds of miles away to the family pile - it's just so fucking repulsive.

Anyway this fucking covid thing is a real trickster: 'she rang me to say she had it... I had a bit of a cough... I nearly collapsed... I didn't tell anyone I had it... I didn't have a test... they went into hospital... the little 'un didn't have it... the hour long driving defect test showed I didn't have it... I probably had it when I spoke to Boris, but neither of us can remember...'.

As somebody said, this was a pure retrofit. I suspect 90%+ of the facts/dates and timings were true, but the motivation he announced for each decision was universally untrue. There are bits that could unravel, particularly if it turns out his wife can drive or that his usual childcare in London was available. But ultimately this was an awful but effective strategy.

Oh, sorry, the other bit was weak as piss and might have interesting consequences was where he said he'd spoke to johnson but they were both too far gone to remember it. There's clearly more to pick at there.
It was also pointed out by Carole Cadwalladr that it was his wife's birthday when they spent the day at the castle, they probably had a day out with family for Easter and her birthday.

Back
Top Bottom