Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dominic Raab’s time is up

I don’t particularly agree with that, although it’s ultimately just semantics. I’d say particularly with attention, which is definitely something that can be taken - you just fill the space so someone else can’t or won’t. That’s what he’s done.

There's no way of forcing people to give you their attention .. well there's one way, and that's by using physical or psychological violence. So yes, you can piss people off so much that they lose all agency over where their attention goes, but I suspect outside some sort of violence that's quite hard to do. Ultimately everyone has it in their power to simply ignore anyone else (who isn't physically attacking them, that is) and one of the many rewards of fame is that people will give you their (positive or negative) attention quite willingly. Just an opinion :thumbs:

Shame he was a good bet for a Portillo moment.

Given his track record with maritime transport and the sea I guess we may get in a few decades Dominic Raab taking the best passenger and freight ferry routes around the world, eating only Pret baguettes. Not sure he’ll be one for wearing lurid trousers though.

Back
Top Bottom