Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Matt Hancock File

Will Hancock be Health Secretary on 19th July

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, she works for Rupert Murdoch so if he sues and wins I'm sure she'll be ok.

Weird she gave it to the Telegraph though and not a Murdoch paper.

Breaking a NDA can get you sued, and I expect Handcock will sue. But breaking GDPR can get you prosecuted. If he sues for breaking the NDA, she'll probably use Public Interest as a defence. Whether or not that'll work, I have no idea, but it's probably enough to cover her against GDPR. The main point is that Hancock is really dim and didn't think this through at all. It's hilarious :D

It is hilarious, and even better Hancock claims these messages had already been handed over to the enquiry team last year, whilst also claiming that cancels out any Public interest defence, so I hope he does sue her, that would be even more hilarious, whether he wins or not. :D

Well, she works for Rupert Murdoch so if he sues and wins I'm sure she'll be ok.

Weird she gave it to the Telegraph though and not a Murdoch paper.

I think she's just does some freelance work for TalkTV, having walked from GB News.

It is hilarious, and even better Hancock claims these messages had already been handed over to the enquiry team last year, whilst also claiming that cancels out any Public interest defence, so I hope he does sue her, that would be even more hilarious, whether he wins or not. :D

It also highlights the WhatsApps that went missing because they were deleted to errr save space therefore couldn't be given to the enquiry. Whereas the ones he needed for his book, oh no he kept those. It's brilliant :D

Some journalists are utterly pissed off with her because no one is going to trust them with anything off the record:
Oakeshott's behaviour is so lacking in basic ethical standards that she makes it harder for any journalist to do their job and get sources to trust them.
Note that Dunt is no friend of Hancock either, and acknowledges the Telegraph's 'anti-lockdown Covid conspiracy mentality' but
I spent last year talking to people on condition of anonymity for my book on how Westminster works. If they didn't trust me, they wouldn't talk, because it meant they could lose their career.

The mildly annoying thing about all this is it'll likely mean Hancock is remembered as "that dim-witted fool who messed up" rather than "that self-serving piece of shit who routinely and deliberately wasted vast sums of public money for his own benefit, and happened to also be a dim-witted fool." See also his turn in I'm a Celeb.

Can't help feeling that those in the extant administration who had positions in the covid administration might feel quite happy to see this coming out now and for Hancock to be the lightening rod. Governments love it when inquiry findings are already old news when they are eventually revealed.

Breaking a NDA can get you sued, and I expect Handcock will sue. But breaking GDPR can get you prosecuted. If he sues for breaking the NDA, she'll probably use Public Interest as a defence. Whether or not that'll work, I have no idea, but it's probably enough to cover her against GDPR. The main point is that Hancock is really dim and didn't think this through at all. It's hilarious :D
If, I was to do something like this, I'd want a clause in the contract with the Telegraph that they would pay the cost of me being sued.

If, I was to do something like this, I'd want a clause in the contract with the Telegraph that they would pay the cost of me being sued.
David Allen Green has some thoughts on the likelihood of Hancock suing:

tl:dr:
We do not know what were the terms of the NDA – and so we cannot pass comment on whether the NDA was well drafted for its purpose or not.

But we can evaluate the wisdom of Hancock in thinking any NDA, on any terms, would protect him against onward disclosure of the messages by a counter-party willing to breach the NDA on the basis of the public interest.

It was a daft thing for him to do.

Didn't they try the pet culling thing somewhere?
it all seem so long ago now
the Hong Kong hamster cull?

yesterday morning I was thinking "I can't believe the papers are back to phone hacking so brazenly". the truth is so much funnier. how fucking stupid is Hancock.

The former Health Secretary branded the scheme ‘eat out to help the virus get about’

he's got the right idea, but no marks for execution. it doesn't exactly trip off the tongue.

Also:

“The language on customer logs has just gone from ‘should’ to ‘can’. Grateful if you can fix – we can’t reverse this at the last minute!” Hancock said.

Case replied: “Alok blocking ‘should’. Will need to fix after this meeting.”

Hancock said the “question I can’t understand is why Alok is against controlling the virus. Strange approach”.

“Pure Conservative ideology,” Case replied.

Sunak is also mentioned in the conversation, with Case describing him as “going bonkers about ‘should’ right now too”.

And:

Mr Hancock was angry about a story claiming that Mr Sunak had issued warnings over some departments' spending being out of control.

Speaking with one of his advisers, Mr Hancock said he "spoke to Rishi", who was "horrified" at the story.

Mr Hancock and his adviser discussed where the story could have come from - who had told the journalist what Mr Sunak was said to think.

The adviser said he assumed it was "just officials making mischief".

Mr Hancock said "Or Steve Barclay. Wankers. Trying to be all clever about spending control."

At the time, Mr Barclay, who is now health secretary, was chief secretary of the Treasury, under Mr Sunak.

I apologise for the DM link.

But this is gold.

In one WhatsApp message, Mr Hancock tells his media advisor: 'I could apologise for the whole thing - I have after all cheated on my wife.'

In a later exchange, he says: 'I don't think I can acknowledge that I broke the rules. I think I just went against the clinical advice not the rules.'

At one point he responded: 'WE DIDN'T BREAK THE F***ING LAW OK'.

I am waiting for tomorrows torygraph to read more of oakshott's revelations.
There is no such thing as bad news, especially when you have a book coming out; I for one can't wait.
_128848444_dailytelegraph-nc.png

It's proper popcorn 🍿 time .

Tories are wailing about Sue Gray being a superspy from Labour who took out their beloved Boris. 🤣 The Privilege Committee enquiry is on-going , and now the lockdown files . It all keeps #partygate in the headlines , which was not a great look for the Tories at the time , and history hasn't been kind to it.

It's proper popcorn 🍿 time .

Tories are wailing about Sue Gray being a superspy from Labour who took out their beloved Boris. 🤣 The Privilege Committee enquiry is on-going , and now the lockdown files . It all keeps #partygate in the headlines , which was not a great look for the Tories at the time , and history hasn't been kind to it.
The internecine battle for the 'heart & soul' of the, soon to be, HMLO is truly underway.

Back
Top Bottom