Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

Hmm. Wishful thinking?

It might, but what is she going to do if the Police investigation finds out he did in fact go traipsing around Durham? A normal person would remove themselves from the decision making process, but they'll probably order the process stopped.

It might, but what is she going to do if the Police investigation finds out he did in fact go traipsing around Durham? A normal person would remove themselves from the decision making process, but they'll probably order the process stopped.

Haven't thought about it tbf.
Let's see...

No-one said it was either minor or transparent, did they?

OTOH it remains a fact that Cummings seems to wield a hell of a lot more power than Campbell ever did. And Campbell wielded his power at the behest of Blair; with Cummings and Johnson it looks at times to be the other way around.
No but you seem to be wilfully underplaying the impact of Campbells role in starting a war just to paint Cummings as some sort of unique super villain. Cummings is extremely important to the Johnson project and no doubt he is valued by Johnson but to put him in perspective he is a paid advisor not even in the top three paid advisors and employed by the Government. His ideas fit the govt agenda and his non Parliament background , like Campbells, make him ideal to push the boundaries and get things done. Getting things done means often being devious, influencing and finding ways to take shortcuts.Its also an inherently risky role , you are only as good as you ideas and allies , once they start to run out both you tend to move on.

Hmm. Wishful thinking?

Not really, I never though highly of Johnson, but I can't believe how thoroughly he has fucked himself up so quickly. If by a new government we mean a different bunch of Tories , that's what we'll probably get. Given the ongoing crisis the co-opting of Starmer doesn't seem that unlikely either.

Not really, I never though highly of Johnson, but I can't believe how thoroughly he has fucked himself up so quickly. If by a new government we mean a different bunch of Tories , that's what we'll probably get. Given the ongoing crisis the co-opting of Starmer doesn't seem that unlikely either.
I don't think the latter idea is knocking on the door of the Cabinet tbh

No but you seem to be wilfully underplaying the impact of Campbells role in starting a war just to paint Cummings as some sort of unique super villain. Cummings is extremely important to the Johnson project and no doubt he is valued by Johnson but to put him in perspective he is a paid advisor not even in the top three paid advisors and employed by the Government. His ideas fit the govt agenda and his non Parliament background , like Campbells, make him ideal to push the boundaries and get things done. Getting things done means often being devious, influencing and finding ways to take shortcuts.Its also an inherently risky role , you are only as good as you ideas and allies , once they start to run out both you tend to move on.

I'm not either trying to minimise what Campbell did or portray Cummings as any sort of 'unique super villain.' But the two were and are different characters and operate in different ways, and equating one with the other just serves to confuse the issue. Plus, like I said, I think youre letting Cummings off the hook too lightly.

Bet he's late.

Almost certainly.

354ea-12044.jpg

1, 2, 3, 4, make 'em sweat outside the door
5, 6, 7, 8, always pays to make 'em wait

I'm not either trying to minimise what Campbell did or portray Cummings as any sort of 'unique super villain.' But the two were and are different characters and operate in different ways, and equating one with the other just serves to confuse the issue. Plus, like I said, I think youre letting Cummings off the hook too lightly.
Taking his trip to Durham off the list, what do you think that Cummings has done that gets anywhere doctoring a dossier that is used by a Prime Minister to start a war? Right off to watch the interview.

Back
Top Bottom