Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

The best thing Boris can hope for now is "new" info coming to light - the Barnard Castle outing is proved for example - which will allow him to say - well the goalposts have been moved now - I was loyal on Sunday but have been let down. His pride needs that get out of jail card, and those around him will be sniffing out a way to get him to play it.
This ought to be bollocks though. New info emerging isn't a thing in itself. Photo evidence or whatever should not change anything because it shouldn't be new, merely confirmation. In particular Johnson should have asked Cummings about the whole thing and got an account, so even what the public newly learns should not be new.

The situation as understood by Johnson would need to change and this means Cummings would have had to have believably lied to him. Therefore Cummings would need to be outed as a liar. This isn't going to happen.

This of course all assumes that people are held to account in a sensible way and that's probably not realistic.

What I like about this is the "I'm right at all costs and to admit mistakes is to fail" highbar that they've set themselves. And how fuckin stupidly it undermines most of the sacrifice and effort others have made. Thats real blue sky thinking, thoughts that should have been left just there, pie in the sky.

Can we please try not to conflate 'autistic' with 'sociopath' please? We're not pitching another Sherlock Holmes reboot here.

I understood that post to be a jab at the idea that Cummings should be allowed to get away for breaking the rules, on the basis of his spawn having a condition that many other people's children have.

Or maybe that's just my autism.

Cummings would need to be outed as a liar. This isn't going to happen.
Yes this but why will it not happen? I think it’s quite possible, might look like the least worst option remaining in a couple of days because of the sequence of stupid decisions they’ve made.

Yes this but why will it not happen? I think it’s quite possible, might look like the least worst option in a couple of days.
Why would Cummings allow this to happen, especially if it wasn't true? This is much worse than merely having to resign for breaching lockdown, which he presumably also hasn't allowed.

Well, on suspicion of breaching the Coronavirus Act 2020 I would have thought
I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that this would be disproportionate to the effort expended on other random people's breaches where they get a warning or a fine. Depending on what he's said and done, this episode could potentially turn into something more serious like perverting the course of justice, at which point sure, but we haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

Why would Cummings allow this to happen, especially if it wasn't true? This is much worse than merely having to resign for breaching lockdown, which he presumably also hasn't allowed.

Regardless of the truth of the matter, I think Johnson's refusal to sack him has reinforced (and in many cases, created) the perception that it's Cummings who holds the reins of power. Johnson has made himself look weak.

Funny how having an autistic child is good enough to excuse the transgressions of a eugenicist advisor to the PM, but not good enough for the government to actually provide meaningful resources in terms of health and social care to parents in general.

Utterly revolting, autism is not a fucking shield for shitty behaviour. For anyone.

Funny how having an autistic child is good enough to excuse the transgressions of a eugenicist advisor to the PM, but not good enough for the government to actually provide meaningful resources in terms of health and social care to parents in general.

Utterly revolting, autism is not a fucking shield for shitty behaviour. For anyone.
I know there's no justification for conflating autism and sociopathy (I test as on the spectrum myself), but just wondering ...

I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that this would be disproportionate to the effort expended on other random people's breaches where they get a warning or a fine. Depending on what he's said and done, this episode could potentially turn into something more serious like perverting the course of justice, at which point sure, but we haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

They done it to Doeeen Lawrence when no one had remotely suggested she had committed any offence...

Back
Top Bottom