Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

I think it sends a message to the London bubble that on spotting Cummings in Barnard Castle Robin Lees, 70, a retired chemistry teacher wrote down Cummings number plate and later searched for it on the internet to confirm it was him...
Can you do that?

I think it sends a message to the London bubble that on spotting Cummings in Barnard Castle Robin Lees, 70, a retired chemistry teacher wrote down Cummings number plate and later searched for it on the internet to confirm it was him...
That’s Robin Lees pension going astray then!

Headsup sent to selected people 3 weeks ago according to this (owen Jones says he got the same message). Why the two of them did nothing with the lead or why it’s only now a story idk.

The Guardian did. They contacted Johnson on April 5th and got no comment. They kept getting no comment for 6 weeks.

The Guardian did. They contacted Johnson on April 5th and got no comment. They kept getting no comment for 6 weeks.
And that’s it ? they were just waiting for a comment from his mate the PM and didn’t investigate further for 7 weeks because that was not forthcoming? Bit shit as journalism isn’t it. On the other hand maybe good it was kept quiet in a way else lockdown might have crumbled weeks earlier. Possibly they considered this some of the people who had the info and didn’t do anything with it.

Think it's more likely that they haven't been given a choice.
At this stage, acquiescing puts them in a worse position than not. But the fact that they don't realise this is one of the many things that makes me clap my hands and squeal about all this.

I doubt Joe Public can find someone's name from a VRN, but it was briefly visible in one of the video clips of him getting doorstepped today (KW69 GBY) and may well have been in past clips.
I've just done some searching using my own number plate, I can find a lot of detail about the car, MOT details, type of car etc but so far it hasn't told me the name of the vehicles keeper (me).

This feels like a victory for the right wing of the Tory party. They rid themselves of their leader's hated advisor and destroy lockdown. They're not humiliated because they're Tories. They're morally bankrupt to start with

And however we get out of lockdown being unable to enforce it because of the complete disintegration of the government's moral authority, while satisfying on some level, doesn't feel the wisest way out.

I've just done some searching using my own number plate, I can find a lot of detail about the car, MOT details, type of car etc but so far it hasn't told me the name of the vehicles keeper (me).
What I'm saying is the man who saw Cummings and noted his VRN could then have confirmed it was the same vehicle by matching it on a media clip.

This feels like a victory for the right wing of the Tory party. They rid themselves of their leader's hated advisor and destroy lockdown. They're not humiliated because they're Tories. They're morally bankrupt to start with

And however we get out of lockdown being unable to enforce it because of the complete disintegration of the government's moral authority, while satisfying on some level, doesn't feel the wisest way out.

Oh I see, its a black flag operation. A way to get around the lock down i.e get the plebs so mad about lock down we have no choice but to lift it and it's(ultimately) what they asked for.

We have nothing else but "destabilises the Tories for a bit" right now. I'll go with it.

ETA: like it matters what I'll go with. I'll take some vague pleasure in seeing it happen.

And that’s it ? they were just waiting for a comment from his mate the PM and didn’t investigate further for 7 weeks because that was not forthcoming? Bit shit as journalism isn’t it. On the other hand maybe good it was kept quiet in a way else lockdown might have crumbled weeks earlier. Possibly they considered this some of the people who had the info and didn’t do anything with it.

I don't think you understand how this works. Do you know the phrase 'keeping your powder dry'? Do you think this guy has only just come forward today with the number plate story?

You're not doing it right. I can see my name associated with my car.

Back
Top Bottom