Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

I was a bit surprised that supposed future star Sunak seems to have been insufficiently equivocal on twitter. Not going down well:

Yes, I was very surprised by that too. Raab and Gove giving their support yes. But I had Sunak down as a far more canny operator. Should have just kept schtum. After that press conference I now agree that Cummings is a dead man walking. They tried to throw Shapps under the bus and Shapps managed to actually, very subtly, throw both Cummings and Johnson under the bus. Was brilliant TV for fans of that kind of thing.

I think the chance of him hanging on to his job, once the Sunday papers pile in, is around zero.

Although I suspect he'll be back again in a few months.

I think he's doomed, he isn't going to do the decent thing and Boris will probably try and save him but the rest of the Cabinet, the Tory Party, the Civil Service and indeed the bulk of Homo Sapiens seem to dislike him.
Boris is too canny an operator himself to make so much effort to save him that it risks his own position.
The trouble is; People like Cummings are like that bad smell in a pub loo, It keeps coming back no matter how hard they try and get rid of it. He will disappear out of the limelight but he will be back in 6 months.

It’s amazing , so many of them incl mogg etc were jumping on Twitter a few hours ago to loudly defend him . I don’t get why they did it just looks so stupid. Has the Johnson himself spoken up on this?

Yes, I was very surprised by that too. Raab and Gove giving their support yes. But I had Sunak down as a far more canny operator. Should have just kept schtum.

If the whips are asking regular MPs to tweet this tosh then senior cabinet bods need to lead from the front.

So anyone want to guess what the further revelations in tomorrow's papers will be? Surely bound to be some..?

So anyone want to guess what the further revelations in tomorrow's papers will be? Surely bound to be some..?

Pure guesswork - but there's talk on Twitter that Cummings was also in Durham for another visit on 10th May, the night of Johnson's disastrous address. If that is proven true, or there's any confirmation from the Police that they did indeed speak to the family, that'll be a whole new layer of shitshow.

your recent point - the one you've been defending for the last two pages - is that it wasn't showing up in a search.

That's #dominiccummimgs
yes...and then the bit you missed out when quoting me (because that's what you have to resort to)...that it had started up during the briefing :rolleyes:

Anyway...I'm not here to give a heads-up to clueless twats like you and your mates, trying to communicate with you is fucking pointless. Find your own shit out. :)

It’s amazing , so many of them incl mogg etc were jumping on Twitter a few hours ago to loudly defend him . I don’t get why they did it just looks so stupid. Has the Johnson himself spoken up on this?
Mogg probably wanted us all to get corona virus before anyone mentioned herd immunity. It's not particularly out of character for the 'get the lazy fuckers back to work' wing of the party. Some of them will have jumped on just for a chance to attack the lockdown.

yes...and then the bit you missed out when quoting me (because that's what you have to resort to)...that it had started up during the briefing :rolleyes:

Anyway...I'm not here to give a heads-up to clueless twats like you and your mates, trying to communicate with you is fucking pointless. Find your own shit out. :)
Please do stop giving us heads up. That would suit everyone.

Re the police thing; Number Ten’s denial is they didn’t speak with him, not that they didn’t speak with his parents and the Old Bill only said they spoke to the owners of the property, so his mum and dad.

Re the police thing; Number Ten’s denial is they didn’t speak with him, not that they didn’t speak with his parents and the Old Bill only said they spoke to the owners of the property, so his mum and dad.

nope - they've said the police didnt speak to him or anyone in his family:

obvs this will mean "his family" doesnt mean his mum, dad, sister or nieces

I think he's doomed, he isn't going to do the decent thing and Boris will probably try and save him but the rest of the Cabinet, the Tory Party, the Civil Service and indeed the bulk of Homo Sapiens seem to dislike him.
Boris is too canny an operator himself to make so much effort to save him that it risks his own position.
The trouble is; People like Cummings are like that bad smell in a pub loo, It keeps coming back no matter how hard they try and get rid of it. He will disappear out of the limelight but he will be back in 6 months.

I have to say, I don't 'Boris' is much of a canny operator. He's not completely stupid and he's shown himself to be good at spotting and exploiting opportunities to promote himself over the years, but his judgement is deeply suspect and he has no grasp of detail, a pathetic attention span, little ability to think on his feet and he's no political strategist. I think he is or believes himself to be too dependent on Cummings to let him go, and today's shit-show demonstrates how much political capital they're prepared to burn through to hang on to him.

nope - they've said the police didnt speak to him or anyone in his family:

obvs this will mean "his family" doesnt mean his mum, dad, sister or nieces

Yeah, it was his family he was protecting, him, his wife and son. Not his extended family...

That's not what the Number 10 said.

At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported.

That's not what the Number 10 said.

Your link said:
Durham Constabulary said in a statement yesterday that officers contacted the owners of a property on March 31, more than a week after the lockdown had been imposed by the PM, when they were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London.

But the police have been known to tell the odd lie from time to time, so it’s just a cunt collective tbf.

Watch and learn, this will come down to what the dirty digger Murdoch decides the C2s should think tomorow
Nope don’t think so, think this is beyond that. People are properly angry because of what they’ve had to sacrifice. Think it’s too late to spin this, it’s felt too strongly on a personal level by everyone who has not seen their kids / parents for two months etc.

Back
Top Bottom