Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Curse (the US one)

Petcha

This review is spot on. It's excruiciating. You just want to reach into the screen and strangle them.

But it's also brilliant. Two episodes in. Don't know if I can handle 10.

I’m enjoying it but my OH isn’t getting into it. Might end up watching the reminder of the series by myself.

It is utterly charmless. Which is quite interesting. At least with Succession you could sometimes warm to the characters. It's painful.

It is utterly charmless. Which is quite interesting. At least with Succession you could sometimes warm to the characters. It's painful.
I’m okay with all the main characters being detestable. I think the pace could be better, and the over long shots and awkward silences are being overdone needlessly.

Found the first episode so compelling - and for me, the slightly odd pacing was very much part of what made it unsettling, in a good way. I think this is going to provoke extreme reactions in people though, I imagine some will hate it passionately.

Hadn't really been aware of Nathan Fielder before this, so am now devouring Nathan For You.

I think a lot of middle class white people watching it on whatever streaming service it's on will find it a bit close to the bone. It's satire. The scene in 'the structure' :D

I agree the odd pacing is very much intended to make you move uneasily on your John Lewis sofa.

I think a lot of middle class white people watching it on whatever streaming service it's on will find it a bit close to the bone. It's satire. The scene in 'the structure' :D

I agree the odd pacing is very much intended to make you move uneasily on your John Lewis sofa.
Yeah, some of the touches are sublime. I particularly loved their planet-saving, reflecting mirror-covered pet project houses turning out to cause birds to die after flying straight into them, and Emma Stone’s reaction to the fact :D

'I didn't know that houses were bad for the earth but these guys are gonna fix the problem ' :D

'

Genuinely speechless at the ending. Concerned that perhaps I have suffered a brain injury and dreamed that up lying in a coma.

Found the first episode so compelling - and for me, the slightly odd pacing was very much part of what made it unsettling, in a good way. I think this is going to provoke extreme reactions in people though, I imagine some will hate it passionately.

Hadn't really been aware of Nathan Fielder before this, so am now devouring Nathan For You.

'the rehearsal' is quite good as well.

Back
Top Bottom