Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Last of Us

I think it's the final episode next week. Really quite eager to see how they conclude this.
Are they definitely going to though?

I’ve never played the game so I don’t know (or want to) how far in the game this corresponds to. No spoilers though please!

I’ve never played the game so I don’t know (or want to) how far in the game this corresponds to. No spoilers though please!
It has an ending but like with tv dramas, it feels more like the end of a chapter rather than the whole novel iyswim

Not quite sure what you're getting at. Series 1 of this corresponds to the whole of the first game. Then there will be a series 2. Not played the 2nd game at all, but I've heard some people say there's enough material in it for 2 series.

Not quite sure what you're getting at. Series 1 of this corresponds to the whole of the first game. Then there will be a series 2. Not played the 2nd game at all, but I've heard some people say there's enough material in it for 2 series.
Not getting at anything- I just genuinely don’t know either how the storylines correspond, or whether it was ever stated that this was always going to be a limited series, or one of those that are written open ended from season to season for as long as the ratings are good.

FWIW, I have full faith in HBO and they’re not usually one of those studios to shamelessly milk a series for all it’s worth. So if there were to be a second season I’d be more than happy with it. I just don’t know if it was always the plan to be a limited series, or if nobody knows for sure whether further seasons might or might not be a possibility.

Fairly certain I read it won't go past the source material (like GoT did). It's been renewed for a 2nd series, but presumably there won't be any more after that unless another game is made.

Yeah, I liked it. I'd never finished the game (maybe 90%), but had briefly read 'around' the ending while trying not to fully get the detail.

For some reason, I thought Joel ended up brown bread. I didn't fully understand the final bits of dialogue, maybe due to lack of attention or just being thick, but kind of cool that it went out on something to ponder and up in the air.

Yeah, I liked it. I'd never finished the game (maybe 90%), but had briefly read 'around' the ending while trying not to fully get the detail.

For some reason, I thought Joel ended up brown bread. I didn't fully understand the final bits of dialogue, maybe due to lack of attention or just being thick, but kind of cool that it went out on something to ponder and up in the air.

Do play til the end.

Great final episode :thumbs:

It was obvious something would go wrong as they are not going to "cure" it in season 1! :D
I pretty much guessed
that she was likely to be earmarked for horrible medical experiments and/or death by the people trying to find a cure, and Pedro Pascal would go postal on their ass and rescue her.

I was however extremely happy to be wrong about my fears that there was no way he was going to make it to the end of the season :)

I pretty much guessed
that she was likely to be earmarked for horrible medical experiments and/or death by the people trying to find a cure, and Pedro Pascal would go postal on their ass and rescue her.

I was however extremely happy to be wrong about my fears that there was no way he was going to make it to the end of the season :)
i guess she may have had her suspicions about it as well and that's why she was so quiet at the start of the episode.

I've read reports that Bella Ramsey has NOT been signed to star in a second series.

I think those reports are because the 2 games have a 5 year time gap between them so people assume she'd be replaced by an older actor but the makers say otherwise...

I think Bella Ramsey's fucking great. Only ever seen her in this and Game of Thrones but in both of them she's played ace characters really well.

“The only way we would ever, ever consider re-casting Bella is if she said, ‘I don’t want to work with you guys anymore.’ And even then, we’re not sure we would grant her that. We might still force her to come back to season 2.”

Speaking on the Happy Sad Confused podcast with Josh Horowitz, Bella again confirmed that she would be returning for the second season/

I really don't think it could be much clearer that she will be returning.

The bit where she kicked the ladder down was so video game that it made my teeth itch.

But it was decent enough. Good final episode. Joel is pretty fucked up.

The bit where she kicked the ladder down was so video game that it made my teeth itch.

But it was decent enough. Good final episode. Joel is pretty fucked up.
These are just little nods to people who've played the game though right? The ladder bit and the bit in E2 where she has to squeeze through a little window then come round and open the door for Joel. I don't think they stick out as too video gamey for anyone who doesn't play games?

See also the walls of junk/rubble/vegetation you see everywhere that keep you on track in the game but don't look out of place in a TV show(although probably not how you'd make the set if you were starting from scratch).

Most gamey bit by far was Joel protecting Bella and the brothers using a sniper rifle.

These are just little nods to people who've played the game though right? The ladder bit and the bit in E2 where she has to squeeze through a little window then come round and open the door for Joel. I don't think they stick out as too video gamey for anyone who doesn't play games?

See also the walls of junk/rubble/vegetation you see everywhere that keep you on track in the game but don't look out of place in a TV show(although probably not how you'd make the set if you were starting from scratch).

Most gamey bit by far was Joel protecting Bella and the brothers using a sniper rifle.
Yeah, you're right. It's just interesting that they followed the game so closely that they included the actual mechanics. :D.

And yeah, the walls of rubble and the sniping scene stood out to me as well.

Back
Top Bottom