Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Last of Us

I’m never done talking about the cut scenes of video games with da yoot. Sick. 🤙
To be fair I've had some of my best conversations with my son playing Nazi zombies. His knowledge of the Russian involvement in the second world war is dinner guest monologue worthy. Even his history teacher said he seemed to be very interested in that part of his GCSE.

Due to this sunday being the super bowl in america. Hbo are releasing episode 5 of the last of us 2 days early in the states to avoid a clash. Sky and Now TV in the UK have now confirmed they will also release it early here on Saturday at 2am.

Excellent news. There hasn't been a duff episode yet.

Agreed. Didn’t bother post anything about yesterday’s episode because by I am now fully expecting all of them to be great.

If that young woman doesn’t get every award going come the next awards season, there’s no justice in the world.

Last edited:
Agreed. Didn’t bother post anything about yesterday’s episode because by I am now fully expecting all of them to be great.

If tgst young woman doesn’t get every award going come the next awards season, there’s no justice in the world.

I agree 100%. Normally teen or child actors can jar me right out of a film or show but not with her. She's phenomenal.

I really want to see this, sounds and looks excellent and I bloody love an apocalpyse/pandemic/end of the world series.

But how are you all watching it (assuming the UK)?

I've only just got a smart TV, I guess that's something I have to subscribe to? I thought it was HBO though?

(Believe it or not I'm actually good with tech mostly, but TVs and all the changes have completely passed me by as never had one until relatively recently.)

Say that all again but slower....
I watch NowTV on my now ageing smart telly via their USB drive that also comes with a remote. One off purchase of thirty odd quid, which should come with a couple of months’ subscription anyway. Highly recommended.

It comes with a lot of other streaming apps built-in, such as Disney+ which my TV or my Virgin box doesn’t even offer, and also offers better resolution and audio (for say, Netflix), than if I’m watching Netflix through my TV or Virgin apps.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LDC

If that young woman doesn’t get every award going come the next awards season, there’s no justice in the world.

Yup. Pedro Pascal too, but her especially.

I've only just got a smart TV, I guess that's something I have to subscribe to? I thought it was HBO though?

(Believe it or not I'm actually good with tech mostly, but TVs and all the changes have completely passed me by as never had one until relatively recently.)
It is HBO but Sky has the UK rights to HBO shows (Now TV is part of Sky). Other option is torrents of course.

Reactions: LDC
Sorry, last incompetent question, where's the best place to Torrent from now? All the Pirate Bay links I used to use are dead.

Sorry, last incompetent question, where's the best place to Torrent from now? All the Pirate Bay links I used to use are dead.

I’ve been using piratebay. I choose one that’s the same resolution as my screen and the most seeders. Not had a problem so far.

Episode 3 was superb but not as blown away by the rest of it to be honest. Captivating but finding the relationship between the two main characters a bit drawn out and obvious. But will keep watching.

It's good, but I think people are forgetting how good TWD was at the start and this doesn't feel so much different.
Ironically, I reckon the comparisons have arisen from people who like me initially loved TWD, but were before long bored to bits by the obviously super slow pace, and then the feeling (subsequently proven right) that the overall story didn’t have a preconceived conclusion, snd it would be stretched shamelessly for as many years as the studio thought it to remain profitable.

I don’t know how many seasons this might eventually stretch to, but HBO is not known for relentlessly spitting out season of a show like other studios do, so that alone is promising. And more importantly, the pace of this show is indescribably more appropriate and enjoyable- a relief for anyone ultimately bored to tears by TWD.

Ironically, I reckon the comparisons have arisen from people who like me initially loved TWD, but were before long bored to bits by the obviously super slow pace, and then the feeling (subsequently proven right) that the overall story didn’t have a preconceived conclusion, snd it would be stretched shamelessly for as many years as the studio thought it to remain profitable.

I don’t know how many seasons this might eventually stretch to, but HBO is not known for relentlessly spitting out season of a show like other studios do, so that alone is promising. And more importantly, the pace of this show is indescribably more appropriate and enjoyable- a relief for anyone ultimately bored to tears by TWD.

They're following a video game template and there were only two The Last of Us games so makes sense they'd make 2 seasons at most.

They're following a video game template and there were only two The Last of Us games so makes sense they'd make 2 seasons at most.
And that’s the other reason why this is getting such positive reviews. This is literally the first time a screen adaptation of a video game has been of genuine, award-winning quality. I certainly thought I’d rather watch paint drying when I first heard of yet another video game TV adaptation.

And that’s the other reason why this is getting such positive reviews. This is literally the first time a screen adaptation of a video game has been of genuine, award-winning quality. I certainly thought I’d rather watch paint drying when I first heard of yet another video game TV adaptation.

Everyone involved with The Last of Us has engaged with the games and taken them seriously. That's not always been the case as you state with the quality of previous game to film or big screen adaptations.

A third TLOU game isn't out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom