Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Last of Us

Think it was 20 years?

Pedro Pascals character (sorry not sure of characters name?) is only one we've seen in both timelines i think? I know he wants to rescue his brother (Tommie?) but i don't think we saw the brother in the later timeline yet.

so the guy who was working with him at the start is his brother? i thought they were just friends. must say the daughter was rather daft in the beginning. if a dog came to my home scared and clearly doesn't want to go back, i wouldn't be dragging it across the lawn when its obviously scared.

I hope he doesn't drop the Mandalorian if this show takes off :eek: :(
Well, Mando shouldn’t be stretched much more anyway, so it wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing. S3 is fully filmed and coming up shortly. I guess I should give the writers the benefit of the doubt, but there’s only so much quality mileage one can write about the main characters’ quest, and four seasons seems a stretch. I hope they have taken a leaf out of Tony Gilroy’s book, who had envisaged Andor to be a limited two-season series with a predefined ending come what may.

so the guy who was working with him at the start is his brother? i thought they were just friends.

This says so. I will rewatch tommorow to see if i missed any other details.

The Guardian: The Last of Us recap episode one – welcome to the mushroom apocalypse!.

so the guy who was working with him at the start is his brother? i thought they were just friends. must say the daughter was rather daft in the beginning. if a dog came to my home scared and clearly doesn't want to go back, i wouldn't be dragging it across the lawn when its obviously scared.
Why would you think they were just friends, when it’s made explicit in the first domestic scene that they’re brothers?
Does no-one pay attention any more?

not watch it yet but have a feeling they don't something that a lot of different game based tv shows have done

and that follow the Fucking GAME Story line

see it fucking works :mad:

*shakes fist at every single resident evil tv show or movie

:mad:
They better not follow it to the letter.
Adaptations that slavishly follow the original are usually shit.
And if it was anything like my experience of playing it, it would have been just Joel or Ellie boringly dying over and over again in the first episode until viewers get fed up and bail, before anything really happens.

Hopefully the plot will end up offering something interesting rather than a simple rehash of all the other stuff that’s already been done on this sort of scenario.

Without wishing to derail the thread this early, if the alleged video-game-into-TV-series curse has finally been broken as the critics claim, and other games are to be given the same treatment, please please someone do Bioshock.

Being developed by Netflix.

I loved it, Pedro Pascal is a fav of mine and he didn't disappoint and i absolutely love post apocalyptic type sci-fi....really good, can't wait for the next one !

(am sure there was a cordyceps type infection in The Girl With All The Gifts)

Hopefully the plot will end up offering something interesting rather than a simple rehash of all the other stuff that’s already been done on this sort of scenario.

Knowing nothing about the game, I'd say maybe the nature of the threat could lead to some unusual scenarios - I can't think of any other fungus apocalypses, though I've been in a few pool changing rooms that have come close.

Yeah i've never watched the walking dead so i don't know how simalar the last of us is to it but i imagine that's the obvious comparison.

Watched this early hours this morning and was captivated from start to end. Everything was spot on. 👌 I find most child or teen actors to be be tiresome af so to have two outstanding such youngers in the same show is great.

I've never played the video game so I have no idea if the casting and settings are true to that but i very much hope this is a template for video game to TV adaptation coz the Fallout series later this year will be great.

(Oh and I hope this shown pisses off the toxic gamers :D )

They better not follow it to the letter.
Adaptations that slavishly follow the original are usually shit.
And if it was anything like my experience of playing it, it would have been just Joel or Ellie boringly dying over and over again in the first episode until viewers get fed up and bail, before anything really happens.

They explain the differences in a podcast dedicated to the show. It has got some excellent reviews but I couldn't actually tell if it was good or not as I spent the whole episode watching for bits that were different to the game. I have replayed the game more times than any other. Many many more times.

They explain the differences in a podcast dedicated to the show. It has got some excellent reviews but I couldn't actually tell if it was good or not as I spent the whole episode watching for bits that were different to the game. I have replayed the game more times than any other. Many many more times.
I enjoyed the story part of it but the gameplay wasn’t accessible enough for me, so I gave up very early in the game - probably as far as the story has got so far in episode one.
I may download it again, but I didn’t enjoy repeatedly failing to sneak past a certain type of infected person. I tend to give up if I can’t do something on first or second try. :oops:

I enjoyed the story part of it but the gameplay wasn’t accessible enough for me, so I gave up very early in the game - probably as far as the story has got so far in episode one.
I may download it again, but I didn’t enjoy repeatedly failing to sneak past a certain type of infected person. I tend to give up if I can’t do something on first or second try. :oops:
It was really hard at the beginning, I found it quite frustrating for a while but once you increased you itinerary it got easier. IIRC it gets easier when your tag teaming with the other character. Other than Mario it's the only game I've stuck with until the end.

It was really hard at the beginning, I found it quite frustrating for a while but once you increased you itinerary it got easier. IIRC it gets easier when your tag teaming with the other character. Other than Mario it's the only game I've stuck with until the end.

I thought it was really tough to begin with and would turn it down to easy for some bits, though would try and play most of it on default. Think the reason I haven't finished it is the repetitive nature of the gameplay rather than difficulty. I got to the snowy bit, which feels like it's near the end (though not sure).

I thought it was really tough to begin with and would turn it down to easy for some bits, though would try and play most of it on default. Think the reason I haven't finished it is the repetitive nature of the gameplay rather than difficulty. I got to the snowy bit, which feels like it's near the end (though not sure).
It's been a while since I played it but I think the Snowy bit with the deer and the old works is near to the end. There's one more scene I think just after that.

Thought it was a fantastic game with a real gut punch at the end. Was also disappointed that they made a second because it rounded things off so perfectly (and also, the second was disappointing in its actual execution according most accounts I have heard).

Hope they don't fuck up the adaptation.

If you have ADHD (with a low capability for persistence), does making a game 'accessible' therefore mean making it easy af?

Watched this early hours this morning and was captivated from start to end. Everything was spot on. 👌 I find most child or teen actors to be be tiresome af so to have two outstanding such youngers in the same show is great.

I've never played the video game so I have no idea if the casting and settings are true to that but i very much hope this is a template for video game to TV adaptation coz the Fallout series later this year will be great.

(Oh and I hope this shown pisses off the toxic gamers :D )
They’re doing a Fallout adaptation? Wow, this excites me!

They’re doing a Fallout adaptation? Wow, this excites me!

Also makes me a little scared of how they might screw it up.
Not sure why every successful franchise has to cross to another medium, there are plenty of writers out there with new stories

Also makes me a little scared of how they might screw it up.
Not sure why every successful franchise has to cross to another medium, there are plenty of writers out there with new stories
Just IMDb’d it and Jonathan Nolan (Christopher’s brother) is the show runner. He did Westworld, which was an interesting update of the Crighton novel and the movie (though I got tired of trying to keep up with the different timelines). It may be under good hands here.

I never played the game, but my wife is a huge fan who talks about it breathlessly. On Friday we watched the first hour of it on YouTube and I saw what all the hype is about. It is a very cinematic game - immersive, emotional and narrative driven. I was confident that the TV adaptation would work (especially as it’s allocated HBO’s esteemed Sunday night spot) and indeed it does. I don’t think it will prove especially memorable for me, but it’ll be a really entertaining ride.

Back
Top Bottom