Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The big Brexit thread - news, updates and discussion

Well it looks like the Tories are refusing to buckle over state aid - at the cost of a crash out no deal. I guess on balance (and there's a lot of pros and cons on the scales to be weighed) of where we are now this is good news

State aid. Obviously neoliberal states give private companies all sorts of handouts, bailouts, direct and indirect subsidies etc etc. It only seems to become 'state aid' where there's some prospect of the aid in question actually benefiting the general public.

Do you think Disgraced Prime Minister Johnson is adding cunts like to distract from his own failings? Or is he setting them up just to take the blame for his despicable leadership and failed policies?

Just more culture war bullshit. I'm sure nobody is expecting Abbott to actually contribute anything. Maybe the desire to give a bung to an otherwise unemployable fellow traveller is a factor, but that would imply some kind of solidarity which I'm not sure these late-era tories are even capable of.

Just more culture war bullshit. I'm sure nobody is expecting Abbott to actually contribute anything. Maybe the desire to give a bung to an otherwise unemployable fellow traveller is a factor, but that would imply some kind of solidarity which I'm not sure these late-era tories are even capable of.

Or perhaps they really are stupid enough to think he's the answer. He does share most of the usual Brexiter fantasies about trade, after all, and as a blundering oaf who knows bollock all about the job he's meant to be doing he'll fit right into Johnson's government.

Last edited:
They're definitely capable of solidarity, if we lived in a society that was actually as meritocratic as they claim, do you think the likes of Johnson, Grayling and Williamson would even be classed as employable?

Or perhaps they really are stupid enough to think he's the answer. He does share most of the usual Brexiter fantasies about trade, after all
He does probably know some senior cunts in Australia, and Australia is now trade low hanging fruit and about our physically nearest sympathetic trading partner lol. All part of CANZUK white dreams too.

Or perhaps they really are stupid enough to think he's the answer. He does share most of the usual Brexiter fantasies about trade, after all, and as a blundering oaf who knows bollock all about the job he's meant to be doing he'll fit right into Johnson's government.

Yes, they're stupid enough to think they're the answer so it's reasonable to assume they genuinely think he is also.

I bet the EU negotiators are shaking in their boots
Indeed. Though the UK's leaving will hurt a bit (until even more UK businesses pack their bags and move to the mainland), the bottom line is they can't afford to give in to blackmail.
Presumably the UK going down the plughole may actually benefit the more powerful EU members ?

Nothing else to add, but is he doing it from BEYOND THE GRAVE?????
It's the only sensible appointment made by the government. Sir david frost has experience looking after the government's interests in the afterlife and he retains the respect of the foremost statesmen and -women of Europe.

That’s how desperate Johnson’s negotiating position is; give us a trade deal or we unilaterally impose a hard border on the island of Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom