Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thatcher is dead

Smart move. Refuse to play it but then play it as part of a news item explaining why they are not going to play it...

Everyone is happy! :)

“The BBC finds this campaign distasteful but does not believe the record should be banned. On Sunday, the Radio 1 Chart Show will contain a news item explaining why the song is in the charts during which a short clip will be played as it has been in some of our news programmes.”

Don't expect a glowing report.

They will play a clip of it. This is fucking embarrassing.

Someone could have thought about historical precedent and had an actor dub it?

220px-Gerry_Adams_reading_into_mic.jpg

Embarrassing for who btw?
The BBC editorial line is exactly the same as the Telegraph/Daily Mail. They all agree this campaign is distasteful. They are only playing a clip to appease those who purchased it. I have little faith that the accompanying report will reflect the story accurately.

The BBC editorial line is exactly the same as the Telegraph/Daily Mail. They all agree this campaign is distasteful. They are only playing a clip to appease those who purchased it. I have little faith that the accompanying report will reflect the story accurately.
Who is it embarrassing for? That's the question that i asked.

I'd rather they had some balls and didn't play it. At least that way whoever is interested and knew about it might go and find a bit about for themselves, it'd be a bit exciting that way, like God Save the Queen.

This way is one of those limp BBC things that doesn't really please anyone, playing a little bit of whilst some shite radio1 newsbeat reporter patronizes the audience explaining how 'not everyone liked her' and a load of other rubbish

Reading what Cameron says today, he genuinely believes people loved her, doesn't he? That's what's behind the elaborate ceremony, the extra day in parliament. He actually thinks this is deserved. Surrounded by the political class and the well to do, he really has no clue how much she was hated - he just thinks it's a handful of people in a working men's club in the north and a handful of trots with the dissenting opinion. This is what happens when you elect someone with no connection to those they rule over. I wonder if some of the old eastern bloc rulers had the same delusions before they got strung up?

Reading what Cameron says today, he genuinely believes people loved her, doesn't he? That's what's behind the elaborate ceremony, the extra day in parliament. He actually thinks this is deserved. Surrounded by the political class and the well to do, he really has no clue how much she was hated - he just thinks it's a handful of people in a working men's club in the north and a handful of trots with the dissenting opinion. This is what happens when you elect someone with no connection to those they rule over. I wonder if some of the old eastern bloc rulers had the same delusions before they got strung up?

He might have some idea, but he has to stick to the Party line. Reality doesn't matter.

If the song does get aired it'll be fun to watch the hypocritical right wing commentator cadres condemning the BBC for it - and as usual failing one of the most basic 'are you a conservative?' tests - commitment to the freedoms of the individual - whenever someone else does or says stuff that they don't personally approve of.

Back
Top Bottom