Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SWP expulsions and squabbles

Rumour has it that 'Delta' was due to resign before Marxism, but the deal fell through?

a 50 yr old CC member (of over 30 yrs membership and who had worked for the party since the early 1990's) has a sexual relationship with a 17 year old...she makes an allegation that he acted inappropriately and he remains a party member...she later believes that she has been raped by the same person and makes a complaint to the swp accordingly...and the man is still an swp member...a second woman comes forward and makes a complaint that the same man sexually harassed her...and he still remains a member...in the meanwhile the 2nd woman is removed from her original job with the swp as a direct result of her coming forward, hundreds of swp members resign in protest of the atrocious handling of the case...some are expelled for discussing it on the internet...
and now a deal for the 50 yr old man to resign has fallen apart?
at best he has betrayed a trust and behaved in a sexually inappropriate manner to someone barely out of school and at worst is a rapist (I have known the man since I was 21 (25 years in total) and used to think he was ok and yet I absolutely believe the women)
I am so glad I left and have had nothing to do with the swp in the past 5 yrs.

"The ludicrous attempts to silence SWP critics who have been publicly blogging their misgivings about this discredited and clueless leadership is disaggregating the whole organisation."
Disaggregating?!?

Rumour has it that 'Delta' was due to resign before Marxism, but the deal fell through?
hqdefault.jpg

I'd be interested to see who else holds events there though.

On another note according to someone on SU some members are collecting money to fund Delta's MA. Even without all this shit why should members be expected to pay for his studies?

A more disturbing thought has just struck me. A number of former SWP CC members have ended up as college lecturers, is this his plan? I feel a little sick at the thought of it.

On another note according to someone on SU some members are collecting money to fund Delta's MA. Even without all this shit why should members be expected to pay for his studies?

A more disturbing thought has just struck me. A number of former SWP CC members have ended up as college lecturers, is this his plan? I feel a little sick at the thought of it.

He must have something over them. I suspect it is cash or something.

It's like because he can't work in the SWP any more they feel like they owe him a living, or a pension, or something.

He must have something over them. I suspect it is cash or something.

It's like because he can't work in the SWP any more they feel like they owe him a living, or a pension, or something.
Yeah, it's just bizarre, if true, I don't subscribe to the view that the SWP is in someway a cult, but this does seem rather cult like to me.

...according to someone on SU some members are collecting money to fund Delta's MA.

Proposed title of dissertation:

"Those [slave girls] whom thy right hand possesses": A Quranic perspective on women's liberation within the revolutionary party

Worth keeping an eye on, if he does end up enrolling on an MA programme both his lecturers and fellow students should probably know what has gone on.

As you may know, the National Committee on Sunday suspended four comrades from membership pending an investigation. There was evidence that these four had initiated or signed up to a bank account which was designed to finance a split from the SWP and to make a different group financially viable. We have received assurances after the NC that "the bank account has been closed" and that there will not be any similar account created. We have also been told that comrades are "not agitating for a split". The Central Committee is pleased that these undertakings have now been given. We call on all comrades to end factional activity and to take part in discussion inside the party structures, publications and at Marxism 2013. On that basis we are lifting the suspensions on the four comrades that were passed at the National Committee on Sunday. Solidarity, Charlie Kimber, SWP national secretary

As you may know, the National Committee on Sunday suspended four comrades from membership pending an investigation. There was evidence that these four had initiated or signed up to a bank account which was designed to finance a split from the SWP and to make a different group financially viable. We have received assurances after the NC that "the bank account has been closed" and that there will not be any similar account created. We have also been told that comrades are "not agitating for a split". The Central Committee is pleased that these undertakings have now been given. We call on all comrades to end factional activity and to take part in discussion inside the party structures, publications and at Marxism 2013. On that basis we are lifting the suspensions on the four comrades that were passed at the National Committee on Sunday. Solidarity, Charlie Kimber, SWP national secretary

They really could not be more vacillating. Yet again, they provoke and antagonise the opposition but then they don't follow through. Bizarre.

It's trivia, I know, but I'm actually a bit surprised that the CC formally has the authority to rescind an NC decision. Is the NC not supposed to be sovereign in between conferences?

They really could not be more vacillating. Yet again, they provoke and antagonise the opposition but then they don't follow through. Bizarre.

It's trivia, I know, but I'm actually a bit surprised that the CC formally has the authority to rescind an NC decision. Is the NC not supposed to be sovereign in between conferences?

I don't think they're bothered about pretending processes, and hence formalities are important in this time of crisis. Marxism is going to be smaller than the latter Skegness gatherings. How can they go from an even of over 6000 (I saw ticket sales) to worrying about 800? For reference, the 6k was 98.

Back
Top Bottom