Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SWP expulsions and squabbles

Marxism really is sparse and the Hain rumours are true:
http://marxismfestival.org.uk/downloads/marxism-2013-timetable.pdf

If I'm not wrong, no big venues at all.
I think you are wrong. They have gone back to The Institute and ULU this year, Logan and Jeffery if I remember rightly are both big. I won't be going though so it doesn't matter to me.

Didn't notice any meetings led by 'Delta'. Perhaps they are worried he might provoke a negative response.

I think you are wrong. They have gone back to The Institute and ULU this year, Logan and Jeffery if I remember rightly are both big. I won't be going though so it doesn't matter to me.

Didn't notice any meetings led by 'Delta'. Perhaps they are worried he might provoke a negative response.

Yes, I mis-read the timetable. The Logan Hall is huge.

it is good. surprised to see him there actually, he's pretty sound politically - i'll have a word and make sure he's aware of the issues the SWP have been having when i see him next.
I'd be amazed if he didn't know already, swappies seem to have been central to promoting a lot of his shows/talks, so he must have some idea. Good luck tho!

Do any feminist groups plan any anti-rape apologist protests at Marxism, or do would they rather not draw attention to it and allow it to wither on the vine?

There are a couple of younger people trying to flog tickets to Marxism on campus at Sheffield Uni, I don't think they are students from around here though.

Never saw them on the stall before a couple weeks ago.

There is a long standing party hack named Mark Thomas. It's not the famous one is it? The famous one last did Marxism in about 94 I think.
Slightly latter than that as I remember seeing him there, but not for a good few years. When I was a member it was customary to point out that it is not Mark Thomas.

Did i miss it or is Smith not speaking? A small amount of self awareness being shown there.

Slightly latter than that as I remember seeing him there, but not for a good few years. When I was a member it was customary to point out that it is not Mark Thomas.

Did i miss it or is Smith not speaking? A small amount of self awareness being shown there.
Smith is not speaking as I pointed out earlier. I wonder if he will even dare show his face in the bar, the canteen, or Bookmarks. Handy as he is with his fists, he will need a bodyguard.

There is a long standing party hack named Mark Thomas. It's not the famous one is it? The famous one last did Marxism in about 94 I think.
I think the famous Mark Thomas may have long left the SWP, unless I'm getting confused with Mark Steel.

Are you serious? The only people going here are those who support him. Who gave him standing ovation. No one will be there to attack him. That's why.
I do hope you under-rate the anger of many - especially women, who have had their party taken from them; they will buy tickets maybe just for individual sessions and the party will sell them because they need the money.

Smith is not speaking as I pointed out earlier. I wonder if he will even dare show his face in the bar, the canteen, or Bookmarks. Handy as he is with his fists, he will need a bodyguard.
Would be interesting to see if he has the bare faced cheek to turn up, might have to borrow my sister's hot heels & use a few martial arts moves :D

There's a number of women I recognise the names of and have known personally in the past on this years timetable, who would gladly tear 'Delta' limb from limb given the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom