Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SUPER DRY Jackets

An anti fashion stance is just another fashion really

No it isn't, not at all, it's so funny how everyone wants to label me, I've always thought like that, I was brought up like that. I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about it.

I have never been able to understand why people spend loads of money on stuff, never, not even when I had the money to.

Seriously, I just don't get it, the other day we were looking at vaccuum cleaners, it baffles me why anyone would buy a dyson for £400 when you can suck up all the bits on your carpet really well for £50

We were looking for a new one cos the one we have now has all but fallen to bits.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry, it was a bit mean of me. You are right of course. No one on urban thinks that you are a nob.

(snigger)
you thick cunt. don't you know the difference between something holding an opinion of someone else, like thinking them a knob, and them actually being a knob?

Generally, a £400 vacuum will work better, look better and last longer than a £50 one.

No it isn't, not at all, it's so funny how everyone wants to label me, I've always thought like that, I was brought up like that. I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about it.

I have never been able to understand why people spend loads of money on stuff, never, not even when I had the money to.

Seriously, I just don't get it, the other day we were looking at vaccuum cleaners, it baffles me why anyone would buy a dyson for £400 when you can suck up all the bits on your carpet really well for £50

We were looking for a new one cos the one we have now has all but fallen to bits.

you're labelled as a self-labeller.

I have an imitation Barbour waxed cotton jacket?

See if you'd gotten a real Barbour it would be warm :p Even the once mine 'leaked' it was still warm. I <3 it :)

I agree with lizzie buying brands regardless of quality is daft. I have a few brand items(craghopper, lowe alpine etc) but not one of them is 'trendy'.

Generally, a £400 vacuum will work better, look better and last longer than a £50 one.

That's what they want you to think.

The £50 one I have now has lasted about 5 years, there's no way that a £400 dyson would last 40 years, no way at all.

The £50 one I have now has lasted about 5 years, there's no way that a £400 dyson would last 40 years, no way at all.
It would last longer than 5 years. A house mate had one once, it was very good quality. If i was loaded, I'd buy one.

I'm not totally anti brand, my husband buys quality branded stuff all the time for climbing, but he does "research" before forking out.

Thing is he buys expensive quality branded stuff cos he might fall to his death if he buys crap.

As an ex dyson owner all I can say is you've been bloody lucky with your £50 vacuum cleaner. I had my dyson for about 15 yrs til I felt it was a bit past it, son is still using it though. I bought a mid range Vax, it's SHITE, I despise it and I really wish I had a few 100 to buy another dyson tbh :(

As an ex dyson owner all I can say is you've been bloody lucky with your £50 vacuum cleaner. I had my dyson for about 15 yrs til I felt it was a bit past it, son is still using it though. I bought a mid range Vax, it's SHITE, I despise it and I really wish I had a few 100 to buy another dyson tbh :(
All the ones I ever used for cleaning fell apart. If you're emptying is every time you use it, that's a lot of wear and tear potential.

Want value for money, get a Henry.

Lots of adults and lots of children all of a sudden seem to be wearing Japanese SUPER DRY jackets round here.
Somat is going on!
upload5041536862965029920.jpg
look out for this Harlem shake craze that's going to hit your hood in a couple of years and make sure to swerve ,its rubbish.Like Superdry.

It wouldn't last 40 years though would it? On your logic that's what it'd have to do.
Eh? Explain my logic? Oh, you're assuming that the extra money is all about durability. I'm not, its also about design, efficiency, ease of use etc.

my mum & dad use a hoover that's over 40 years old. still works fine too.

My mum and dad have a Kenwood electric whisk and Kenwood tumble dryer that they got when they were married nearly 50 years ago and they're still going strong (the whisk tumble dryer, I dunno about the marriage). White goods and things like hoovers now don't have that life span - they're deliberately designed not to last that long.

Think people are being a bit unfair too Liz' - not going to fight her battles for her but just because she does not buy branded goods doesn't mean she is being snobby and people are being sheep to an extent. There's a herd mentality to a lot of advertising and branding that companies rely on, see Trashpony's example of the French teenagers (when I was at college it was Ben Sherman shirts, CAT boots and Levi 501s). So fuck your Souper Dry (twice).

This post was made on a Macbook Air :cool:

They do a very flattering blokes polo shirt if you've recently trimmed up a bit.

The heavy duty cotton, male equivalent to spanks:D

Are Superdry clothes not made in China then? Cos you can buy a lot of for export branded stock here if it's been made in a Chinese factory, I just searched online and Superdry jackets are retailing at about £25 and there's masses of them. :hmm:

I had to draw the line last year when security people were stopping me in the corridors asking if I was really a student and asking to see my ID.

Are Superdry clothes not made in China then? Cos you can buy a lot of for export branded stock here if it's been made in a Chinese factory, I just searched online and Superdry jackets are retailing at about £25 and there's masses of them. :hmm:
There's every chance they are but also every chance that those are knock-offs. And then of course you have the knock-offs that are off the back of a lorry from the same factory, and the other sort...

look out for this Harlem shake craze that's going to hit your hood in a couple of years and make sure to swerve ,its rubbish.Like Superdry.

We Yokels may be slow with lots of things but we have the interweb & already had teh shake :)

Eh? Explain my logic? Oh, you're assuming that the extra money is all about durability. I'm not, its also about design, efficiency, ease of use etc.

Spending more money on something because it works better is fine, my original post about vacuum cleaners said I didn't understand why folk would spend more on a dyson, now it's been explained to me I can see why.

I presumed it was because that's what the Jones' had, that was wrong.

of course they're made in china. it all is.

Spending more money on something because it works better is fine, my original post about vacuum cleaners said I didn't understand why folk would spend more on a dyson, now it's been explained to me I can see why.

I presumed it was because that's what the Jones' had, that was wrong.
Ah, but it depends what you count as 'works better'.

For clothing if you include 'works better' as 'get less hassle form security guards' and 'not shunned by peers' then buying branded stuff in some instances may not seem that daft.

Just like if you have an office job it may 'work better' to wear office clothes.

I have an imitation Barbour waxed cotton jacket, it's waterproof but ain't warm. Also an old brown leather jacket with some buttons missing which is way warm. Guess which one I wear?

I guess it depends on the weather.

I'd love one of these jackets but I am not paying £180 for bit of waxed duster. Waxed Cotton Anorak £179.

In the 1950s the military took the Inuit anorak design and applied it for their use. This dry-waxed cotton version is inspired by that design. Fully lined with our signature Orvis plaid lining. Pullover style with six-button neck closure. Hood with drawstring cinch. Traditional front pouch with button flap closure. Bottom cinch cord to keep out the elements. Two-button adjustable cuff. Anorak Jacket in dark khaki, olive. 100% cotton. Damp sponge.
Sizes: S(34-36), M(38-40), L(42-44), XL(46-48), XXL(50-52); about 31½" long in size large.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=4H02

4H02FH2drkkhk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom