Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Waxed Jackets. WTF?

I have red trousers, and I have two wax jackets - but I'm not going to talk about my property empire or the education of my children, that would just be too much bait....
I don't have children. I dont have a property portfolio or empire. Two wax jackets is a bit much. Do you have a 4x4?

I have a pair of red trousers but they’ve not fit me for 8 years
Here's your twin.
I have red (more autumnal red).cords. the fitted pre pandemic. They do not fit anymore.
They can hang next to the Barbour in the utility room for when I become a thinner gardener and better person

I have a Barbour it’s wipe clean. If there’s a couple of sunny days hang it on the washing line get it aired gets rid of odours.
useful for demos. A few years ago there was a particularly lively National Action demo. It was great for getting through police lines while SUTR were trapped by the police.
If you used the sun airing method carefully it highlights the creases subtly bit like you get with decent denim

I had mine rewaxed in the early 90s. I felt it changed the coat ..softened it up.. it took 2 years to toughen up again.

I'm tempted to replace my ancient overcoat with a Barbour this winter. I'm torn between a standard Beaufort and a longer Northumbria though. Anyone have one of the longer ones? Too big and heavy?

I'm tempted to replace my ancient overcoat with a Barbour this winter. I'm torn between a standard Beaufort and a longer Northumbria though. Anyone have one of the longer ones? Too big and heavy?

I've got a Beaufort and Durham - which isn't that helpful to you - the Durham is longer, has a fixed hood, and is a lighterweight cotton - it's much more comfortable in warmer weather than the Beaufort, which is the (I think) 6oz mid-weight cotton.

The 6oz is undoubtedly more robust.

I think the Northumbria is a heavier weight cotton - 8oz? - I think it would be pretty warm.

Finally bought a Barbour Border - longer length in 6oz. I'm usually a 42, but this is a 40 and is a perfect fit with a fleece under it. Very happy.

Back
Top Bottom