Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So, I've designed some jackets.

alright, points taken.

I did sell a few but none of the ones I posted, just personal ones that mates wanted.

I have been struggling lately for money, I haven't been signing on, I've done just about everything ro make my rent every month from cambridge university experiments to this jacket idea.

I now have a full time job so things are improving.

also, I would like to actually do my own designs but I don't have any of the expensive software like photoshop or illustrator that I would need.

although I am in talks with some local and talented artists to get their designs onto garments and work out a deal.

TBH, I find the colours and designs rather ugly. Way too neonish and loud for my taste. would create a colour clash nightmare wearing any of these jackets.

alright, points taken.

I did sell a few but none of the ones I posted, just personal ones that mates wanted.

I have been struggling lately for money, I haven't been signing on, I've done just about everything ro make my rent every month from cambridge university experiments to this jacket idea.

also, I would like to actually do my own designs but I don't have any of the expensive software like photoshop or illustrator that I would need.

although I am in talks with some local and talented artists to get their designs onto garments and work out a deal.
try GIMP (free basic photoshopy thing)

alright, points taken.

You should be able to get a cracked photoshop pretty easy, you'll probably get a little less grief off people on here from robbing Adobe than you did for pinching the work of some artisan acid tab designer. Good luck

Last edited:
alright, points taken.

As above there are definitely ways to get it. :)

hold on, nicking peoples designs is wrong but using pirated software is ok?
Correct, assuming you're nicking software from a massive company that can take the hit.
Lots of massive companies offer free versions of their software for those of us who don't want to pay for it. Autodesk are great for this, as they realise that you may someday be in a position to buy it and maybe buy lots of it, but fuck those massive companies that don't.

alright, points taken.

Possibly some people have gone a little too far in saying that you aren't "designing" anything - you are making some choices so to some extent it is "design" even if the original artist has done 80% of it for you, and the website has done most of the rest.

One thing that might irritate someone who designs for a living is the idea that all that is holding you back from creating your own images is the cost of the software - it's really not as easy as just getting a copy of illustrator and then messing about for a bit. But who knows, perhaps given the tools, and some time to learn the technical bits, you would turn out to be quite talented. If you want software I'd recommend the Affinity applications which cost about £50 as a one-off payment (that is, you own it for good, not a subscription type model like the Adobe stuff). If you sign up to their email list you'll find they sometimes offer them for a reduced price of £30 or £40.

I have to say, I don't know why a talented artist would want to introduce a middle-man to this process. If you can use this website, then they can too. Why would a visual artist want to let someone else take their work and then make design decisions about how it's used?

Back
Top Bottom