Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SUPER DRY Jackets

I've always disliked Superdry for some reason, but I managed to pick up some new superdry cargo trousers for £10 in a charity shop. Bargain. I really liked the quality and so bought another pair in their recent sale. These do have a stitch and patch on them to say they are Superdry which I'm not to keen on really.

Their actual shop in Bristol is awful though. It's dark and doesn't have any structure to it from what I could see so I got what I needed online.

I don't wear anything with big logos on it. If they want me to advertise their clothes, they should pay me, not the other way round.

Is a fair point. I'm wearing a Superdry hoodie with a massive logo on the front right now, but was a Christmas present so doesn't count. :p

Barbour make (on the whole) superb jackets. Some of the latest to retail are cheap and tacky but still go for £600 plus. But the older versions, albiet made and sold to the upper middle class or toff bastards are quality. Plus no label.

What do people think of Belstaff?

See this style alot but on balding, overweight middle-age white men (who are unable to pull the look of).

belstaff-trialmaster-jacket-faded-olive-1-870x1110.jpg

I have a cheapo Barbour-alike jacket which has served me in good stead for many years. It needs rewaxing now but I haven't done anything about it so it is now shower rather than rain proof. A bit worn out also it has to be said.

I might be in the market for an everyday waterproof and warm jacket/coat myself soon ..

I have a cheapo Barbour-alike jacket which has served me in good stead for many years. It needs rewaxing now but I haven't done anything about it so it is now shower rather than rain proof. A bit worn out also it has to be said.

I might be in the market for an everyday waterproof and warm jacket/coat myself soon ..
It's easy to rewax them yourself but it's a bit messy and you need space. Barbour do it for £30.

It's easy to rewax them yourself but it's a bit messy and you need space. Barbour do it for £30.
Yes, I just haven't organised to get the stuff. I planned to do it outside anyhow so no worries about the mess. However the jacket is frayed through in a number of places and probably isn't worth the effort.

Yes, I just haven't organised to get the stuff. I planned to do it outside anyhow so no worries about the mess. However the jacket is frayed through in a number of places and probably isn't worth the effort.
They're supposed to be knackered!

If it's really fucked and you just want to get another season out of it I'd just spray it with Nikwax.

Wot ee sed.

Nikwax do a spray-on wax proof stuff for about £7. Its a good for a burst, but not nearly as good/long-lasting as a professional re-wax with decent wax. Barbour probably won't proof a non-barbour jacket, but there'll doubtless be a local place who'll do it - just hit Google.

I'd be very tempted to hit fleabay - £70 or so will get a Barbour in good nick (and no, the materials are not the same in a £30 wax from your local agricultural supplier), or get to decathlon.

Not in the market for a new coat atm, just made my mind up, going to stick with what I have.

Just reminding myself, got to order some stuff Sunday for delivery next week. Keep forgetting.

My daughter used to love superdry clothing. Seems it's so yesterday now.
Back IN 2001 (or thereabouts) Mrs t bought me an expensive casual jacket while we were away on holiday. I still enjoy wearing it.

Belstaff were always popular with old school bikers. Perhaps that's why balding middle age men with big paunches like them...reliving their "cool biker" days.

Last edited:
What do people think of Belstaff?

See this style alot but on balding, overweight middle-age white men (who are unable to pull the look of).

belstaff-trialmaster-jacket-faded-olive-1-870x1110.jpg

had that jacket with the armour in the shoulders and elbows. Even when I took it out the jacket was like a coat of armour
loved it, wore it a lot but ultimately it was either damp cold like a barbour or too hot, plus people kept trying to rob it.

i can see why middle agers who’ve never been near. A motor bike wear them, you feel like ten foot tall and built like a bullet proof shithouse wandering around with it.
i flogged mine on ebay in a massive clear out. Almost got the money I spent on it back.

I’d describe it as one of those life time purchases, slightly regret selling it but if I want to be slightly damp/too hot I’ve got a Barbour Cowan commando for that purpose (stinks like atomic mildew mind)

Back
Top Bottom