Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SUPER DRY Jackets

Still not as bad as the "paul boutique" jackets...

For a while I thought some crappy jd sport type clothing chain store had opened up and I just happened to live in an area where a lot of its employees resided

:oops:

Isn't eschewing mass trends the very essence of snobbery?

No.

I don't like consumerism, that's why it pisses me off, if you want to call me a snob cos I think people are stupid for buying into the bullshit go ahead.

in that case, you're a fucking snob. as the remainder of the world grows ever more intelligent, you're bucking the brainy trend.
The jibe had a reasonable foundation, but I think you could have reworded it to make it more punchy. Bit too rambling.

It can be - you go on dissing people for buying cheap jackets earlier in the thread. Are you proposing they go about naked to avoid sweatshop clothes?
I don't care what jackets people where. I was just saying that most high street stuff is subsidised by low wages and cheap raw materials.

I'm not going to do battle on all fronts on the topic. I didn't intend to insult you lizzieloo :)

Calling people 'stupid' and 'sheep' for buying a fucking jacket really is about as snobby as you can get tbh. You can dislike 'consumerism' without slagging off everyone who ever buys branded products (ie more or less everyone).

Great, I'm a snob :cool:

Now show me a person that doesn't think anyone is stupid....................

I expect you all think I'm a bit stupid :)

How is a dislike of rampant sheepy consumerism snobbery? How do you work that out?

I have an George of ASDA jacket that cost £50, it's pure wool and my 'smart' coat. I've had compliments on it and then wrinkled noses of surprise when I say it's ASDA :cool:

In their defence, it's better made than next or primark.

Not sure about that tbh. I bought a Superdry jacket a couple of years ago. It's comfortable and I like the look of it, but it's already worn through in a couple of places. I also have a Next jacket, which has lasted a fair bit better.

I like a lot of Superdry stuff - call me a sheep if you want - but I won't be buying another of their jackets.

And yeah, folk that buy branded stuff and pay more money just cos of the name, and totally disregarding the quality are being stupid.

I'm glad you think the 'jibe' justified.
Are you asking me if I think I am a bit dense, and a bit of a nob? Guilty of both. The difference between us PM is that I know it, and as such can compensate with occasional humility and regret. Your lack of self awareness is probably the reason for your lonely existence.

I have an imitation Barbour waxed cotton jacket, it's waterproof but ain't warm. Also an old brown leather jacket with some buttons missing which is way warm. Guess which one I wear?

I've got a superdry jacket, I love it and wear it all the time.

And yes it is one with the three zips, I've had it about 3 or 4 years and it barely shows any wear and tear. I think it cost me £130.

I have an imitation Barbour waxed cotton jacket, it's waterproof but ain't warm. Also an old brown leather jacket with some buttons missing which is way warm. Guess which one I wear?

The Super Dry jacket you feel obliged to wear? :D

Loads of opportunities for that :

"will you please sit down and eat this soup I made"

... For one.

Its a Birmingham company iirc.

Yes, I thought that too.

I know one of the guys connected to the Superdry brand used to run the Cult Clothing shop in Brum. I was up there a couple of days ago and I noticed they've now changed the sign over the shop in the Bull Ring to Superdry.

I used to love the Cult Clothing shop when they were on the corner in Ethel st, then they were in one of the side roads off New st. They used to sell lots of different brands then.

Are you asking me if I think I am a bit dense, and a bit of a nob? Guilty of both. The difference between us PM is that I know it, and as such can compensate with occasional humility and regret. Your lack of self awareness is probably the reason for your lonely existence.
the differences between us include i am not dense, i am not a bit of a knob, i am not lacking in self-awareness and i don't have a lonely existence.

next.

Yes, I thought that too.

I know one of the guys connected to the Superdry brand used to run the Cult Clothing shop in Brum. I was up there a couple of days ago and I noticed they've now changed the sign over the shop in the Bull Ring to Superdry.

I used to love the Cult Clothing shop when they were on the corner in Ethel st, then they were in one of the side roads off New st. They used to sell lots of different brands then.
I used to buy my badly stitched Bench clothes in Cult. It moved from Ethel St to Temple St, where Evans Cycles is now.

there used to be a really good army surplus shop in kensington market where i got loads of combat trousers :(

gone now tho.

so's ignition late of portobello road :( top t-shirts there in the late 80s.

the differences between us include i am not dense, i am not a bit of a knob, i am not lacking in self-awareness and i don't have a lonely existence.

next.
Sorry, it was a bit mean of me. You are right of course. No one on urban thinks that you are a nob.

(snigger)

Back
Top Bottom