Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Statue of Thatcher to Go Up in Lincolnshire

AmateurAgitator

arsewank
Banned

The council responsible are spending £100,000 on this, and putting it on a 10 ft plinth in the hope that it is not attacked.

The U.K. currently has the Highest unemployment level in 300 years.
Europe’s highest COVID infection level
More homelessness than EVER!
More people living in poverty than ever!
OH AND we are only weeks away from Brexit happening

I think this might set a new world record for the shortest amount of time to pass between the council unveiling of a new statue & the general public pulling it down and destroying it. Atleast I hope so.

Screenshot (21).png

I wondered why there was a spare massive statue of Margaret Thatcher hanging about for these suckers to buy - apparently it was originally commissioned by some weirdos called the Public Memorials Appeal (18 years in existence and this appears for be their third statue) to be stuck up in Parliament Square, but Westminster Council turned down the planning application.

Seems a bit remiss to raise £300,000 from charitable donations and get the statue made without securing planning permission first tbh.

i have written to the bbc children in need appeal with a proposal for their 2021 effort. it seems to me that there would be quite a demand for being the person to blow up this thatcher statue. so they could do well by doing good and run a lottery in which the first prize is the opportunity to blow up margaret thatcher. i reckon they could raise millions. and maybe more if they throw in the opportunity to explode sir cliff richard.

Funnily enough saw this just today:
1KBGE

Twitter user Sammy said: "Wasting £100k on a future rubble pile in the middle of a pandemic which is being used as a justification to completely wipe out public spending.

"If you have to put the statue on a 10 foot plinth because literally everyone hates it maybe consider not buying the statue."

Another user, Patrick O'Reilly, wrote: "The more I think about this the less I see it as a piece of sculpture and the more I see it as a £100,000 incentive for radical performance art."

Others compared it to a statue of Horatio Nelson in Dublin - that was blown up by an Irish Republican in 1966 despite sitting on a 134ft plinth - and the monument to Iraqi despot Saddam Hussein that was famously pulled down when he was ousted during the country's 2003 invasion.

Biggest problem with the statue being on a 10-foot plinth might be finding shit of the right consistency to be launched without falling apart but also splatter effectively when it hits the target.

Back
Top Bottom