Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Star Trek: Picard [spoilers]

If there's a series 2 ,Picard needs to have a funeral scene.in the first episode ,Then carry on with 7/9' s storyline

Loved the series as a whole - Stewart's performance, a really good role for an older woman for once in Rafi, generally good characters and a well-pitched level of fan service.

Last episode was patchy, was expecting crashed borg cube to have more of a role in the story. Cried buckets at the end, liked the metaphysics of Data's existence.
Thought it was a bit of a cop-out bringing Picard back, but it was bloody obvious that was going to happen the minute you saw that synthetic body that was just waiting for an inhabitant

Data’s speech at the end looped back to Rios reading existentialism when we first met him. The idea Data talks about that humanity cannot be truly human without mortality — it’s the knowledge of death that drives us to create and develop — is the flip side of the anxiety that this knowledge creates, which Rios referred when we first met him. I thought that was a neat bookend.

Data’s speech at the end looped back to Rios reading existentialism when we first met him. The idea Data talks about that humanity cannot be truly human without mortality — it’s the knowledge of death that drives us to create and develop — is the flip side of the anxiety that this knowledge creates, which Rios referred when we first met him. I thought that was a neat bookend.

That was one of the most annoying things of all, IMHO. A five minute talk about mortality and humanity, but then they resurrected Picard and demonstrated that immortality and superpowers was possible.

No wonder Data wanted to be switched off at that point.

If there's a series 2 ,Picard needs to have a funeral scene.in the first episode ,Then carry on with 7/9' s storyline
She had one? Was there any point to any of the Borg stuff other than to stick the cube and that "x amount of days since an assimilation" poster in the trailer. They weakened the Borg more in a few episodes than 4 seasons if Voyager. Romulan so crazy she a broke a cube and flower so hard it broke a cube.

Why are advanced holograms capable of running a starship fine but not synths?

Since when were Picard and Data that close? You'd of thought either Data or Hugh would have asked after Geordi who both of them were closer to.

What's with the Romulans? Senators and assorted refugees and wankers but also 200 plus warships available for a pet project. Is there still an empire or are they all sat in wild West towns?

Why didn't Picard have any of the symptoms he had in All Good Things...?

Nah. If you're a Sci-Fi writer then 2001 is "required reading" (watching) "at the academy", as it seemed they used to keep on saying on Next Gen at one point.
And Voyager worked that as well. I'm sure they've watched things other than Star Trek but seemed to have gleaned most of their knowledge of it from the 4 Picard and co films. They didn't really pay attention to them from Seven's upset when the Borg were blown out into space.

Also, just found out Patrick Stewart is only 80. Born 1940. And yet Picard is 94 on the show? If Stewart lives to be 100 in real life then it looks like Picard may get his extra 10 or 20 years after all.

Some episodes like that would have been good. Having watched season 1 of Discovery as well I think the episodes that have felt most like Trek were the Groundhog day and the living planet Discovery episodes. The ending of the Groundhog day rip off was very original series. Both were well worn stories but the Groundhog day one was among the best. I think the
mirror episodes could of made more of the pretending to be their otherselves thing. They played it more like Deep Space Nine than the original series but with characters and locations we hardly knew.

Eta less gibberish.

Back
Top Bottom