Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Star Trek: Picard [spoilers]

Galactica 1980 was one of TV Sci-Fi's lowest points, down there with Plan 9 From Outer Space, Hitler's Brain and Santa Claus Meets The Martians

Yes. I even wrote your name in The Book.
Somehow I suspected that as far as you are concerned I have become some sort of surrogate for Q, and that I was deliberately winding you up by playing games just like Q would.

I never really got the sense that my reassurances on that front convinced you, so I'll take this opportunity again to assure you that if I had any sort of interest in that sort of mission, my template would resemble the following far more than Q's modus operandi:

judge-nutmeg.jpg
tumblr_ncsfwmamEZ1tr4jrlo8_250.gif

Galactica 1980 was one of TV Sci-Fi's lowest points, down there with Plan 9 From Outer Space, Hitler's Brain and Santa Claus Meets The Martians
I have to admit that I think I actually liked it at the time. It put BSG in my world, a world where I could now imagine play flying my chopper into the sky with a bucket on my head.

Time travel can be cool and work well in a film or series, or make you feel dumb and story unsatisfactory.

For me, the Back to the Future trilogy is time travel done well in fiction storytelling. But often it is confusing. And can also be a buzzkill if one cares reasonably enough about a franchise/ universe.

The first of the JJ Abrams reboot films was a lot of fun, one of Abrams’s best works in fact, but then again, why should we accept the newly revealed fate of Spock’s home planet and race? Or of Kirk’s upbringing?

Doctor Who and its constant going back and forth in time since its modern reboot, and seemly being okay to interfere in human history in light the hearted episodes, but not so to change the fate of his missus or his assistants because cataclysmic consequences to the space-time equilibrium and blah blah, also confuse and frustrate the hell out of me.

Time travel can be cool and work well in a film or series, or make you feel dumb and story unsatisfactory.

For me, the Back to the Future trilogy is time travel done well in fiction storytelling. But often it is confusing. And can also be a buzzkill if one cares reasonably enough about a franchise/ universe.

The first of the JJ Abrams reboot films was a lot of fun, one of Abrams’s best works in fact, but then again, why should we accept the newly revealed fate of Spock’s home planet and race? Or of Kirk’s upbringing?

Doctor Who and its constant going back and forth in time since its modern reboot, and seemly being okay to interfere in human history in light the hearted episodes, but not so to change the fate of his missus or his assistants because cataclysmic consequences to the space-time equilibrium and blah blah, also confuse and frustrate the hell out of me.

Yeah, what also pisses me off is the assumption that either of these things will bugger up the whole timey-wimey shebang when in reality it’s likely to be something much more like accidentally nudging the wrong beetle.

Time travel is cool. The cop out is the magic space imp. Fuck sake. Worst. Thing. Ever.

I'll watch it though. It has Seven. Seven is cool.
Maybe the space imp isn't as responsible for the changes as first responsible. Q is blamed for threats in All Good Things.. and that DS9 that arenot directly his fault. Perhaps it turns out that there is something else going on or the characters themselves are respon... Actually never mind.

Because it's all going to Paramount+ and Discovery was canned from Netflix and put on some weird Pluto thing after an outrage from UK fans that they couldn't watch it.
What is paramount plus? Never heard of it, or pluto. Didn't know discovery had left netflix, I always figured I might actually watch that one day, I guess I won't now. Mind you I only got three eps in before I baled on the first go, same with Picard actually (though I did at least look that one up on line to see how it ended).

What is paramount plus? Never heard of it, or pluto. Didn't know discovery had left netflix, I always figured I might actually watch that one day, I guess I won't now. Mind you I only got three eps in before I baled on the first go, same with Picard actually (though I did at least look that one up on line to see how it ended).
Paramount plus hasn't launched in the uk yet but i believe it is due to launch here in a few months. It is yet another streaming service. It is already launched in the usa.

Discovery was pulled from netflix and moved to paramount plus a few days before it was due to start the current series. After fans outside the usa kicked up a fuss it was moved to "pluto" as a stop gap (outside usa) until paramount plus launches. Problem with pluto is you have to watch it "live" at 9pm on fri/sat or sun. So like being back in the 1970s pre-video!

Paramount plus hasn't launched in the uk yet but i believe it is due to launch here in a few months. It is yet another streaming service. It is already launched in the usa.

Discovery was pulled from netflix and moved to paramount plus a few days before it was due to start the current series. After fans outside the usa kicked up a fuss it was moved to "pluto" as a stop gap (outside usa) until paramount plus launches. Problem with pluto is you have to watch it "live" at 9pm on fri/sat or sun. So like being back in the 1970s pre-video!
So I expect everyone will be going the illegal route instead .
Is Pluto a Freeview thing or like a digital streamer but with specific times?

So I expect everyone will be going the illegal route instead .
Is Pluto a Freeview thing or like a digital streamer but with specific times?
Pluto is an andriod phone app avaiable from google play (which you can cast to a chromecast) or you can just go to pluto.tv in a web browser on a pc. I think there are some "on demand" shows but discovery is only live. It is free but shows ads.

Kicked up a fuss? It's a relief that I haven't been able to watch Burnham gurning and crying for another season.

so what are they going to change in 2024 to fix the Q altered time line? Trumps re-election? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom